What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Tom Petty, Damn the Torpedoes! ORG LP version on 180 gram vinyl. Demo quality sound. [​IMG]

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

[​IMG] Not bad but not great. There aren't really any more songs as catchy as Fuck You and the rest of them are more like slow Teddy P than fast Wilson Pickett. Still an enjoyable listen.

3. limping_decorum

limping_decorum Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. L'Incandescent

L'Incandescent Senior member

Neil Young--Trans. I'm not a big Neil Young fan, but I like this record a lot.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

6. coldarchon

coldarchon Senior member

7. Avocat

Avocat Senior member

Nine Inch Nails, I discovered them recently...

I like the Nails, too. Great performers. Saw them in concert a few years ago, appeared with Bauhaus (a great band) who handed them off the mic in the footsteps of The Who who handed off to the Clash back at a show I saw in the 80s (also great bands)--and it was really cool, being akin to handing off an Olympic torch. As a former musician, my tastes in music are and have always been eclectic, appreciating a very wide genre of music. From classical, jazz, R&B and soul (love Billie Holiday as much as I do Mozart, Debussy and Moby, etc.), to Alternative Rock/Punk/Ska/Industrial/Etc. (i.e., Bauhaus, Pistols, Clash, NIN, PIL, Kate Bush, Nickelback, Cold Play, Police, U2, Ethnix, Rammstein, Leaves Eyes, among far too many others to list, from the mid-late 70s to present day), to Reggae, and also many artists from France and Africa, including , Charles Aznavour and Salif Keita. But lately, I've been listening to a lot of Lady Day yet also Rammstein (German Industrial) ... eclectic? Indeed [​IMG]

8. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

^ Was that the tour that also had TV On The Radio? So fucking blown I missed that.

9. Pinhas

Pinhas Senior member

[​IMG]

10. Avocat

Avocat Senior member

^ Was that the tour that also had TV On The Radio? So fucking blown I missed that.

Yes it was, and it really was something else.

Sorry to hear that you missed it, Magician, but am happy to tell you that there are NIN/Bauhaus videos on youtube (just checked). Just do a search under "bauhaus nine inch nails" and they'll come up for you. (I'd add the link myself, for a fellow fan, but am under the understanding from all the banned youtube links around here that linking to that site isn't allowed on SF.) I know...the vids aren't quite the same as being there--nor are they actual concert footage per se, I understand; but still, next best thing, right? (not to mention they're good ones, too). Enjoy!!

11. forest

forest Member

Deerhunter. Bradford Cox is the man.

12. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Deerhunter. Bradford Cox is the man.

good first post. love the new album.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I don't know who they are, so I looked them up and it appears their debut album is called Turn It Up Faggot. Will explore further.

14. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

I don't know who they are, so I looked them up and it appears their debut album is called Turn It Up Faggot. Will explore further.
    [​IMG] i actually never heard that one. Halcyon Digest and the Atlas Sound (same guy) album Logos are my favorites of his. Older stuff is good, but I'd recommend those two above the others.

15. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

Duck Sauce- Barbra Streisand