1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. driveslowk

driveslowk Senior member

[​IMG] Bon Iver's second album. Really enjoying this.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

3. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

4. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

If you are a fan of Arthur Russell's quieter material this is right up your alley
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Diamonds & Pearls, Prince and NPG

Fleet Foxes

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Senior member

Pure shit. Worse than the album cover. [​IMG]

7. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

[​IMG]
    Pure shit. Worse than the album cover. [​IMG]
    What did you expect? Why are you listening to that anyways?

8. long_knives

long_knives Senior member

9. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

I thought the Lady Gaga cover was pretty brilliant actually.
    Listening to Yachts right now, also some Belle and Sebastian. On that fey archaic pop tip.

10. Aaron01

Aaron01 Senior member

11. flyguy7

flyguy7 Senior member

Picked up the Tyler the Creator- Goblin album

Only got through one spin but I do not get the hype. Just awful shit, so violent and childish it really made me regret putting my money down, if only because I felt like I was supporting it. It's weird the lyrics even admit that all the gangster/rape/dicksuck/kill talk is fake, but then just advocates for violence the rest of the cd. I really can't get down with most rap, but love kanye and saw a lot of people linking the two. Oh well.

12. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Local Natives - Gorilla Manor [​IMG] Cold War Kids - Mine is Yours [​IMG] Foo Fighters - Wasting Light [​IMG] All in prep for Sasquatch! Oh, and this too: The Very Best - Warm Heart of Africa [​IMG]

13. justinsmnz

justinsmnz Senior member

[​IMG]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

14. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

A lot of old Guided by Voices, mostly Matador era. These guys have aged a lot better than most of what I listened to in high school and college.

15. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

A lot of old Guided by Voices, mostly Matador era. These guys have aged a lot better than most of what I listened to in high school and college.

I appreciate Pollard more and more as the years go by. There was a 10 year span where every song he put out was just gold. The guy was tapped into some kind of muse...

16. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

been tracking down any and all projects by & with Danger Mouse (xcept U2)... he is the self-proclaimed auteur of any&all things musical... Broken Bells, Black Keys, Rome.... good listening.

17. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Senior member

Led Zeppelin, How The West Was Won.

18. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

19. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Only got through one spin but I do not get the hype. Just awful shit, so violent and childish it really made me regret putting my money down, if only because I felt like I was supporting it. It's weird the lyrics even admit that all the gangster/rape/dicksuck/kill talk is fake, but then just advocates for violence the rest of the cd. I really can't get down with most rap, but love kanye and saw a lot of people linking the two. Oh well.

Yeah, Goblin is an honourable mention, at best!

20. aphextwin07

aphextwin07 Senior member

only hyped prob because it was on p4k, which has shitty picks 70% of the time... so not surprising. i heard one of his tracks on youtube which was decent and all the rest were shitty. nice avatar btw, my all-time fave album.

found this on youtube, off a friendly fires related vids link i think? lyrics make no sense whatsoever but the chorus is catchy:

[​IMG]