What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Senior member

I'm completely annoyed. The new remix of "Watagatapitusberry" with Pitbull, Lil Jon and La Cata has the better singing part while the Merengue remix with only Sensato del Patio and Black Point has the better beats. [​IMG]

Remix with Pitbull:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Merengue Remix:
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Oh and I know the song is stupid, but it reminds me of the country where I'd rather live if I was able to find a nice job there.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

The new Band of Horses and LCD Soundsystem.

BoH took a while to grow on me. It's a very warm sounding album and needed to be heard on the Hi-Fi to really get it. The base model Hyundai car stereo just wasn't doing it for me.

The new LCD sounds pretty much like all the other LCDs, but that's much better than most other stuff out there. Not a bad way to waste $10 (yes I still by and listen to CDs).

3. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

I like the new BOH album, too.

Listening to Local Natives today.

4. Gewehr

Gewehr Senior member

Carlos Gardel.

5. clockwise

clockwise Senior member

Listened to John McLaughlin today. This is the best of the MO albums:

[​IMG]

6. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Anyone hear the two new Arcade Fire singles out there? They're disappointing.

7. GlenCoe

GlenCoe Senior member

Anyone hear the two new Arcade Fire singles out there? They're disappointing.
    I heard them playing those live on bbc radio, it was nice, nothing spectacular though. That being said, I won't be purchasing the new album

8. jesask

jesask Senior member

A friend just introduced me to the Agnostic Mountain Gospel Choir. Great stuff that's right up my alley. I can't believe I never ran across them before.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Senior member

Local punk and metal:

Baltimore String Felons
    Harwood
    Ordinary Men and Women

10. SD1

SD1 Senior member

I like the new BOH album, too.

"Laredo", "Older" and "Compliments" have been in super-heavy rotation on the mp3 during my morning commute.

There's also two new Rush tunes out, which is always a good thing...

"Caravan"

"BU2B"

11. robbie

robbie Pleading Poverty

I have tried to get into the new BoH... it just hasn't stuck quite yet.

still very fond of the sharon jones album, its got a lot of soul. I need to seek out some actual soul, or atleast more than just the handful of motown LP's my wife and I have.

-rF

12. melonadejello

melonadejello Senior member

just found out Rill Rill/Ring Ring is a Funkadelic sample.

13. swaggerisaliability

swaggerisaliability Senior member

Definitely worth checking out. Jeezy is not the best mixtape rapper (he really needs big hooks and production) but Don Cannon really rises to the challenge, some great guest verses too including from the Clipse.
    I started listening to it today. Pretty solid so far. Thanks for the suggestion!

14. swaggerisaliability

swaggerisaliability Senior member

I've been hearing Break Your Heart (Taio Cruz) on the radio repeatedly, and it's been stuck in my head. [​IMG]

15. Dr. Mabuse

Dr. Mabuse Senior member

Vinyl reissues of two classics:

Neurosis- A Sun that Never Sets
    Goatsnake- Flower of Disease