What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

2. why

why Senior member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

and [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] Just finished with: [​IMG] Its like a cross between Sabbath and Led Zeppelin. Since I don't really like Sabbath and [​IMG] Zeppelin I'm torn. I think it warrants another listen.

4. willpower

willpower Senior member

The Wolfmen

Great Brian Eno cover. They actually outdid the original

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

5. Naturlaut II

Naturlaut II Senior member

I am into obscure French piano music written from late 19th to 1920/30s. Digging through the piano music of Alexandre Tansman and Jean Cras lately. The former's language is a bit difficult for me but the latter is awesome.

On my purchase list now are recordings of pianos works by Tailleferre and Guy Sacre. The former is a composer I love but rarely any recordings (or scores available) and the latter is a new composer for me.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

[​IMG]

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

and

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it as well. Grant Hart is looking less and less like a genius in my book. Hot Wax was little more than song sketches (mostly songs without choruses and bridges), and then Nova Mob (pictured above) was just spineless and mediocre.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Yeah, that's about how I feel about it as well. Grant Hart is looking less and less like a genius in my book. Hot Wax was little more than song sketches (mostly songs without choruses and bridges), and then Nova Mob (pictured above) was just spineless and mediocre.
    [​IMG] See below:
    What fucking band is this? Seriously people, if the album cover doesn't have a name on it the least you could do is let the rest of us, who might be interested, know what the hell we're looking at.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG] See below:

ehhh...some album covers simply need no words, such is their ubiquity in the popular culture:

Dark Side of the Moon
    Abbey Road
    Sign O' the Times
    Nova Mob

10. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

ehhh...some album covers simply need no words, such is their ubiquity in the popular culture: Dark Side of the Moon Abbey Road Sign O' the Times Nova Mob
    Unless that was a b-side to the soundtrack of 2001 a space odyssey, I've got no idea what band that cover belongs to. Still.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Unless that was a b-side to the soundtrack of 2001 a space odyssey, I've got no idea what band that cover belongs to. Still.

Nova Mob. The band is Nova Mob, and the album is titled Nova Mob.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Floyd: Japanese Blackface CD of Wish You Were Here and UK pressing of Animals.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Nova Mob. The band is Nova Mob, and the album is titled Nova Mob. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Never heard of them before.

14. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

We're doing Viennese waltz right now so Leonard Cohen's Take This Waltz has been at the top of my playlist for a while.

But I can't get tango out of my head. First Gotan Project's modern take

And some Astor Piazzolla--with spectacular dancers

b

15. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

[​IMG]

Never heard of them before.

No one else has, either.

Sadly, there's a reason for this. They sucked.