What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. dave

dave Senior member

2. otc

otc Senior member

[​IMG]

Bought it last night from their site. Got MP3/FLAC and will have CD and some art mailed to me on the release date. Pretty cool, I am all for the DRM free music being made available by the artist like this to the point where it pushed me to buy it now (and I wanted the print that came with it...) despite the fact that I pirated it earlier that same day. The stuff from them is much higher quality than the torrent I grabbed and as soon as I realized the album wasn't going to be a piece of crap, I was happy to pay for it.

3. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

and if you're into the Jamaican soul, this one will get you up.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Let's keep it going...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

4. j

5. dave

dave Senior member

Let's keep it going...

That is PURE GENIUS. And I'll add this one from the comp I linked to earlier:

6. Lostinthesupermarket

Lostinthesupermarket Senior member

Killer '70s compilation of Jamaican soul, roots-style from the kings of the reggae reissue at Blood and Fire: http://www.bloodandfire.co.uk/album_...hp?id=BAFCD036 Almost everything on this label is worth picking up if you like '70s roots stuff. The selections are good, the remastering is really well done and the liner notes and packaging are great. Love the Bad Brains sig quote BTW j....very appropriate...."locked inside this manned collision" is the next bit I believe[​IMG] .

7. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

CSNY, "Studio Archives." Bootleg of some really great unreleased stuff. There's a great Stills song on there, Ivory Tower. Some good Neil stuff too.

8. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

9. nootje

nootje Senior member

Cafe del mar and hed kandi, I really need some summer vibes.... It sucks to be locked inside for the next 4 days while the weather is good..

10. SD1

SD1 Senior member

right now:

Chicane- No Ordinary Morning

11. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

Boston, S/T, SACD
    Hank Mobley, S/T, Music Matters Jazz 45 rpm LP reissue of a Blue Note title

12. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

[​IMG]

13. dave

dave Senior member

Possibly the greatest female voice of all time IMO

Miss Doreen Schaeffer:

14. j

15. single speed

single speed Senior member

Kings Of Leon - Only By The Night
    Handsome Boy Modeling School - So... How's Your Girl?
    Astor Piazzolla - Libertango