What music are you listening to lately?

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Artisan Fan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. PeterParker

PeterParker Senior member

Been digging these two Canadian bands lately: Hey Rosetta! [​IMG]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Mother Mother [​IMG]
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Didn't know what the members of Mother Mother looked like until I saw the video. The female vocalists sure are easy on the eyes though. Absolute crock of shit that neither of these bands were nominated for a Juno while Nickelback took multiple awards home, not that the Junos mean shit.

2. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

^ that is what i am discussing

been listening to the swans a bunch
    :flex:

Swans are great to listen to during an unpleasant day at work.

3. reprehensible

reprehensible Senior member

Soundtrack for 1.5 weeks of 10+ hour days and weekends of a final push to deliver the largest single project our company has ever undertaken. With attendant irritations.

VNV Nation - "Empires" and "Praise the Fallen". Lamentably goofy in a lot of ways, but it's incredibly good for going into a work trance.

Shriekback - "Oil and Gold". When I need to calm down.

Rocket From The Crypt - "The State of Art is on Fire". I wish this was longer. Or that I could listen to "Ratsize" louder without damaging my ears.

Pop Will Eat Itself - "This is the Day...". Genuinely great. It's a travesty that this is out of print.

The Decemberists - "Picaresque" and "The Crane Wife". I like words.

Front Line Assembly - "Caustic Grip". When being tense is where I want to be.

I've listened to a lot of other things once or twice, but those above I've played a lot.

4. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Shriekback - "Oil and Gold". When I need to calm down.

Ah, hence the avatar. I haven't listened to Shriekback in ages. I saw them live in college, and it was just great. Really a great show after having listened to them for years already. There's nothing worse than being disappointed in a band's live performance when it takes you so long to get to see them.

I may have to copy some to my computer when I get home.

b

5. dave

dave Senior member

Another awesome reggae cover:
    and another. The Paragons-Blackbird

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

6. dave

dave Senior member

and if you're into the Jamaican soul, this one will get you up.

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

7. denimdestroyedmylife

denimdestroyedmylife Big Winner

8. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

Cannonball Adderley's Something Else.

9. West24

West24 Senior member

Been digging these two Canadian bands lately:

Hey Rosetta!

Didn't know what the members of Mother Mother looked like until I saw the video. The female vocalists sure are easy on the eyes though.

Absolute crock of shit that neither of these bands were nominated for a Juno while Nickelback took multiple awards home, not that the Junos mean shit.

its funny cause i actually randomly just saw mother mother live, and i was pretty much staring at the blonde one the whole time lol. she looked better irl then in the video as well lol.

10. Bill Smith

Bill Smith Senior member

and if you're into the Jamaican soul, this one will get you up.

Hortense cool Also a big fan of Jackie Mittoo.

11. xchen

xchen Senior member

New Silversun Pickups song leaked today. Anyone else heard yet?

12. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

13. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

^ would hit

14. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Senior member

6 ways 2 Sunday

15. ryoneo

ryoneo Senior member

^ would hit

Yes, very, very hard.