• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a fantastic album.
51ut7qO8EvL._SS500_.jpg

Histrion

Reaction score
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Ship Song

What an amazing song, really.

Otherwise, I've been listening to some Aznavour, Piaf and Santogold.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Ship Song What an amazing song, really. Otherwise, I've been listening to some Aznavour, Piaf and Santogold.
That whole album is ******* incredible. Foi Na Cruz, the Weeping Song...definitely a desert island album for me. I've been bumping this a lot again after seeing it on a fellow SFers last.fm. It's like Scandinavian black metal, minus the metal part.
Ulver.jpg

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
that is a great album cover
i want it tattooed on the inside of my eyelids so i see it whenever i blink

Haha, my gf said the same thing just now. (not the tattoo bit) You should check out the album, denim. i think you'd like it.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
today:

Hank Williams III, "Not Everybody Likes Us" - for some reason I never gave him a chance, but this is a damn fine song

Pauline Scanlon, "Wearin The Britches"
bodega, "Crooked Jack"
Irish contemporary folky stuff I heard on NPR. I'm a complete ***** for tin whistles and female Irish singers.

a half dozen Flogging Molly songs I got off iTunes. Always thought I hated them except for "Salty Dog" and "Devil's Dance Floor," but they're not so bad.

armaniwang07

Reaction score
R&B music.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Haven't been listening to much new music this year, with Kelley Polar's recent album as an exception (it is quite good). Mostly it's just been Jesse Winchester (), Laurie Anderson (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY7uT...eature=related) and David Sylvian (). EDIT: Also to the Top Gun soundtrack (). And not in an ironic way either, I just like it alot.

JSC437

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Soulwax
The Stooges
Metallica
The Proxy
Justice
Crookers
Kissy Sell Out
Nirvana

Pangolin

Reaction score
James Yorkston, Sport Murphy, a bunch of old Flying Nun bands.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads