• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well we certainly got fucked at home tonight.
Fortunately I am watching football now, saw the announcers talking about Appalachian State versus Georgia State, and so I assume you are referring to that, but between yourself, Bambi aka Debbie, et al, all together there in Atlanta, I kind of really hesitate to assume anything....

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OK, you're absolutely right, my most sincere apologies....

Hey by the way, how was this one?

View attachment 1281334
Fortunately I am watching football now, saw the announcers talking about Appalachian State versus Georgia State, and so I assume you are referring to that, but between yourself, Bambi aka Debbie, et al, all together there in Atlanta, I kind of really hesitate to assume anything....
Atlanta is a good-time city.... (you should also see my post in the over zealous police thread to see how it got started)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mBCC4seMjkFwpIEHWHslNU9zliMIDy_large.jpg

Loved this. Great score too.

Edit - somehow posted without adding a photo.

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was thinking about seeing The Irishman in theaters until I found out it's 3 1/2 hours long. No thanks.

And for some reason the only showtimes are during the day.

Eh, I'll probably still try to see it if I can find a showtime that works. I can always watch the parts I miss for pee breaks when it hits Netflix.

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that you are referring to a movie that you enjoyed very much, and that you also thought the music was pretty damned excellent?

That's it, though, after that I'm plumb out of guesses....:hide:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about seeing The Irishman in theaters until I found out it's 3 1/2 hours long. No thanks.

And for some reason the only showtimes are during the day.

Eh, I'll probably still try to see it if I can find a showtime that works. I can always watch the parts I miss for pee breaks when it hits Netflix.
I am so eager to see this on NF, November 27.
I really hope it lives up to the hype.
The initial reviews that I have read are all very positive.
I just really hope that the "youthification CGI" is not over-the-top horrendous and hokey.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
mBCC4seMjkFwpIEHWHslNU9zliMIDy_large.jpg

Edit - somehow posted without adding a photo.

MV5BYWYzYWFlMmEtZGE1ZC00NjIyLWIzMDEtYTAxMTM5ZTlhZTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzAxNjg3MjQ@._V1_UY1200_CR111,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Pleasantly surprised by the film. The ending chase scene was a little silly but pretty impressed with how the movie ended.

All in all not a bad weekend of 80s films. ?

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BYWYzYWFlMmEtZGE1ZC00NjIyLWIzMDEtYTAxMTM5ZTlhZTA1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzAxNjg3MjQ@._V1_UY1200_CR111,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Pleasantly surprised by the film. The ending chase scene was a little silly but pretty impressed with how the movie ended.

All in all not a bad weekend of 80s films. ?

His “good” movies are pretty inoffensive, I guess, but the explicit copying (or “homage”) really grates on me. You can pretty much go down his list and say, There’s the Hitchcock copies...the Antonioni copy, etc.

Scarface was awesome, though. No one tell me what that was a copy of. :eh:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
View attachment 1275875
The Irishman by Martin Scorsese.:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship2: :worship2::worship2::worship2::worship2:

It is going to Netflix but see it on the big. Screen.“It is what it is.”

I think I'll cath myself and see this tomorrow afternoon.

View attachment 1263513

Stunning movie, completely lived up to the hype and subverted my expectations. My favorite film of the year so far, though there are still many more to see. I cannot wait to see it again.

Saw this tonight. Totally agree. I purposely avoided anything about it except the trailer and blurb when buying my tickets. I will say, if you are expecting a horror movie, it is not a horror movie.

I always enjoy a movie that makes it hard to decide who to like and who to hate.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
His “good” movies are pretty inoffensive, I guess, but the explicit copying (or “homage”) really grates on me. You can pretty much go down his list and say, There’s the Hitchcock copies...the Antonioni copy, etc.

Scarface was awesome, though. No one tell me what that was a copy of. :eh:
Same here.
I recently watched De Palma's recent "Domino" on Netflix, because of him and Guy Pearce...very stylized, but not that deep, original, or impressive.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I'll cath myself and see this tomorrow afternoon.

Saw this tonight. Totally agree. I purposely avoided anything about it except the trailer and blurb when buying my tickets. I will say, if you are expecting a horror movie, it is not a horror movie.

I always enjoy a movie that makes it hard to decide who to like and who to hate.
Loved this, excellent black comedy. Knew nothing about it prior to seeing it, few word of mouth recommendations but nothing more, very pleasantly surprised by it. South Korean cinema is not a genre I’m educated in but would definitely recommend Barn Burning.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
71OKo%2BnHyTL._AC_SY550_.jpg

I caught this during the past week. I had seen it before but didn’t remember until appr 15 min in.

An operative looks to take down a terror cell with the help of a sidekick and the home office.

Yes....this has been done many times. This was still watchable.

3/5.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Agree. I thought it was pretty good too. I always like Sean Bean (I hope Netflix brings "Frankenstein" back).

Charlotte Rampling was good in "Cleanskin", I thought. I was surprised (not at her skill as an actor, but at the plot twist).

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just saw Ford vs Ferrari and thought it was mediocre and definitely 30 minutes too long. A lot of lines that were supposed to be funny fell flat (to me). As a racing fan I’m glad it was made though

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads