• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Holy ****, who wrote that score?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Toru Takemitsu. I won’t forget that name.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sergio: we’re gonna have 6 minutes of guys staring at each other.

Ennio: Challenge accepted.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I saw Widows during a flight yesterday. I liked it though I think it was highly overrated. It's just a heist movie with grieving women swapped in for macho men.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It thought it was pretty good, though regrettably, Liam Neeson really shined in his small role, somewhat dampening the narrative surrounding the film.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a huge Liam Neeson fan but this is the one thing from this movie that stands out. His only scene as far as I remember.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Michelle Obama​
White privilege, specifically white women​
Rough sex in the "Me Tew" age​

and that was just the beginning. I predict even more faux outrage than Chappelle's latest standup

Not even close!

First...I am not really a BB fan. I started to watch one of his specials appr 2 years ago and didn't really laugh much. Maybe caught 1/4 of it.

I decided to give Paper Tiger/Netflix a chance last night. I must say, it was good. Not great..but good.

The first thing to realize is that it was filmed in the UK and the press didn't jump all over the performance prior to the broadcast. I didn't see any reason to.

Also, the crowd, at times, didn't seem to know if they should laugh or not. So no real outrage from the UK fans.

Also, he didn't really say anything outrageous about M Obama. Or white privilege/women. The rough sex jokes were mild.

Ex...No DOESN'T mean NO joke. Funny...but hardly anything that would cause outrage.

The white privilege jokes were mild and he balanced them nicely because he is married to a back women(I didn't know that.)

I will watch it again just because it is the first complete performance of his that I saw.

But there is/was HARDLY any reason to be outraged because of that performance.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Actually the only thing that was even remotely worth watching - apart from maybe the two minutes with Letterman.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched this thing last night:

80231903.jpg

How do I put it politely...this thing truly sucks.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do I put it politely...this thing truly sucks.
Thanks for the warning, will stay clear.

Also on Netflix, saw this yesterday:

Well worth it. Gary Oldman is great (and unrecognizable) - and it has Ben Mendelsohn for extra goodness.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, will stay clear.
Indeed: it is really bad.
Just so stupid in so many aspects.

Even the initial premise is completely stupid (if someone described it within 30 seconds most people would :facepalm::confused2::lookaround::plain::sarcasm:)...and yet people not only spent time "developing" that premise into a script and production, but presumably they also earned money for doing so. Incredible.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also on Netflix, saw this yesterday:

View attachment 1249194

Well worth it. Gary Oldman is great (and unrecognizable) - and it has Ben Mendelsohn for extra goodness.
That is on Netflix? Why have I not seen it listed???
If it is indeed on (Netflix USA), I will definitely watch that. I love Oldman and that film has always felt very much worth watching.

I thought it was not on NF, as I have not seen it listed for some reason and it seems it would also have been recommended based on my viewing history. Odd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads