• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Witness by Peer Weir. One of my top ten cinematic experiences. Lyrically lush visually & inspired by the work of Johannes Vermeer, solid performances by all cast members. A great script that borrows extensively from the western genre but it isn’t one. One of the best Jarre soundtracks. Brilliant.

The Big Short. An insightful horror story about the GFC which exposes the greed, stupidity and culpability of the banking sector. Interesting in its use of breaking the forth wall. A somewhat at times surreal condemnation of the players, companies and banks involved in the creation of the GFC. Highly recomended.

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Guy Ritchie’s ensemble cast London absurdist crime comedy. Good for a laugh though at times it would have been good if it had subtitles.
I'll have to look for the Weir "Witness", it sounds good.

I really liked "The Big Short".

As far as subtitled "LSandTSB" just have Benicio del Toro come over to your house, since he did "Snatch" for Ritchie and so knows the lingo, and have him do simultaneous translation for you:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1224490

Leo's got a real knack for this acting thing, Margot is flawlessly beautiful, Brad looks better than he has in decades (I now want a Champion t-shirt and a yellow Hawaii shirt) and Quentin still likes feet. My favourite QT films are his first two, but for a movie that hasn't gotten a lot of a conventional story going for it, this one is the one I've enjoyed the most post the Kill Bills.
Saw this today. Bent & Fantastic:slayer::worship: the soundtrack is also amazing.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. Guy Ritchie’s ensemble cast London absurdist crime comedy. Good for a laugh though at times it would have been good if it had subtitles.

I'm not sure which I liked better, Lock Stock or Snatch. None of his later movies can hold a candle to these 2 comedic masterpieces

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BOTEwYzIxODEtMDBjNS00MjQ3LWJkMjEtMmYxYTg3YmIxNWVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDUyOTUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg

Pretty fun to escape a bit from work/home or drama movies. If you've seen and liked Charade or How to steal a million this is not any worse imo.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen a bunch of movies recently:
- Midsommar *****
- The Farewell ****
- Once upon a time in hollywood *****
- Den of Thieves **
- Miami Vice ****
- Okja ***
- Memories of Murder *****

Midsommar might be my favorite movie of the year so far, just a surreal and intense experience. Haven't seen Aster's first movie yet, so that's on the list now. One upon a time in hollywood was also damn good.

Hoping to watch a few more Bong Joon Ho movies before Parasite comes out in October, the new trailer has me hyped.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1226688

Pretty fun to escape a bit from work/home or drama movies. If you've seen and liked Charade or How to steal a million this is not any worse imo.
I had no idea that there was a previous one to this one (which: was OK to sort of OK imo, good time-spender, but nothing very memorable):

film_original_836_2013132_8351349.jpeg

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was watching Skyfall and then realized that my library of Bond films was damn near non-existent. Currently downloading all 25 flims plus the Peter Sellers spoof (1.79 - 2.39 gigs each) all in 1080p

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was watching Skyfall and then realized that my library of Bond films was damn near non-existent. Currently downloading all 25 flims plus the Peter Sellers spoof (1.79 - 2.39 gigs each) all in 1080p

Like you I watched maybe half(?) of them, so I've watched all of them this/last year starting with Connery ones :) Connery bonds were really really good.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like you I watched maybe half(?) of them, so I've watched all of them this/last year starting with Connery ones :) Connery bonds were really really good.

56.2 gigs total. Hit me via PM if you want/need fast downloading links with no timeouts

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Skyfall = one of the best.

Somebody should do a really good documentary about all the architectural locations in the entire Bond catalogue.

I met someone who stayed at the ESO Cerro Paranal Residence which was featured in Quantum; they said it was amazing, not only the building but the entire place obviously. I would love to visit but it's off limits to civilians.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When they shot the DB5 to **** I winced like someone kicked me in the balls

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure which I liked better, Lock Stock or Snatch. None of his later movies can hold a candle to these 2 comedic masterpieces

You can watch each of those movies 20 times and with every viewing you will find something to laugh at that you missed. Sometimes the tiniest detail can be side splitting funny

Bromley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
STROSZEK

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads