• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Clockwork Orange was the first R 18+ rated film I saw at 16. It also got me interested in Classical Music(again).

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clockwork didn't do anything for me. I was bored out of my mind watching 2001.

Hitchcock, on the other hand, is one of my favorites.

I was about to accuse you of adhd, but you can sit through Hitchcock. You are a strange one,Bear. Perhaps you’re not all bad.

Mujib

Reaction score
Once Upon a Time ...:

It’s basically his technique with Inglorious Bastards.

The end is entertaining because you don’t expect it, but otherwise there is no story.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just watched this on (Australian) Netflix:

arrival_poster.jpg

I enjoyed it. I thought that it was interesting and well-made, and that the concept was good, too.

Ultimately, of course, as with virtually all science fiction, you must suspend a certain amount of disbelief and upon consideration, the story doesn't really hold up to serious scrutiny.

Nonetheless, an enjoyable film with good leads and an interesting plot.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

#33 STAKEOUT (1987)

In this bleak and meandering cautionary tale about government power left unchecked, two police officers are enlisted to surveil a woman, ostensibly for her own protection. Instead, they swiftly embark upon an escalating crime spree, invading the woman’s privacy, trespassing upon her property, watching her in the shower, naked, vulnerable and alone, and seducing her under false pretenses, in a series of tortures that culminates in the slaying of her ex-lover before her eyes. This was a tough watch. Not for the faint of heart.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But, but... Emilio Estevez with a mustache!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But, but... Emilio Estevez with a mustache!
Other question: I totally get that EE is checking out Maddy Stowe's very lovely gams, but why the heck is Dick Dreyfuss looking so longingly deep into noob in 89's eyes, with that slightly smug smirky smile? :puzzled:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Other question: I totally get that EE is checking out Maddy Stowe's very lovely gams, but why the heck is Dick Dreyfuss looking so longingly deep into noob in 89's eyes, with that slightly smug smirky smile? :puzzled:

He's ******* the camera and, by extension, you.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do streaming shows count? The Boys, on Amazon, was really good if you like superhero stuff but are kind of tiring of it.

Mad Dogs, a one and done Amazon series, is pretty entertaining. It’s about five friends whose vacation in Belize gets worse and worse. Minor spoilers: don’t watch it for just for Billy Zane, as he’s only in one episode.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads