• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally got the Alamo Season Pass beta so I will be seeing a lot more movies.

First one was Toy Story 4. I didn't think they could possibly make a decent sequel after 3, but they pulled it off.

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awhile ago someone mentioned The Train with Burt Lancaster on this thread, it’s on TCM right now.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ikiru by Kurosawa, the first part was great, the 2nd sort of ruined the movie for me. Good but not great.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
0F539A39-02C2-4A4F-AD30-5DE58EE0D18B.jpeg

50th Anniversary screening and one of the best documentaries I have ever seen. A total blast made up of some spectacular footage and clearest I have ever seen Armstrong descend the ladder into history. The moon landing was a globally uniting event if only for such a short time.(sigh)

Last edited:

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw Top Gun yesterday.

Saw the trailer for Top Gun Maverick in the morning. Had a sudden rush of nostalgia.

I realised i saw Top Gun almost 15-20 yrs back and in a Non-HD format. Most likely on cable tv.

It is available on Amazon Prime in Full HD for anyone else who want to check it out.

PS. The G-1 jacket still looks cool...

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Now that I got my Alamo Season Pass I have started seeing borderline movies again.

Last night... Stuber... which was exactly what I expected... funny but nothing mind blowing. Normally I'd wait for HBO for a movie like that, but it was fun to see in the theaters drinking some nice beers.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Man is premiering on HBO today to coincide with the moon landing. I’ll be wearing my Omega FOIS Speedmaster while watching.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started rewatching From the Earth to the Moon and just started First Man 15 minutes ago on HBO Go. This will be my 4 time watching First Man.

I love space so much even Avatar couldn't ******* up.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started rewatching From the Earth to the Moon and just started First Man 15 minutes ago on HBO Go. This will be my 4 time watching First Man.

The opening sequence when Neil was bouncing off the atmosphere and had to crash land was amazing.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I’ve been watching the CBS broadcasts on YouTube at 1.25 speed. (They’re pretty boring at times.)

I should have gone to see that Apollo 11 doc again today but I waffled and it sold out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We watched Captain Marvel last night. I really wanted to like it but we both felt the movie was a bit meh. I did appreciate the all female soundtrack though.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to see the Apollo 11 doc. From the Earth to the Moon is much more hokey than I remember. That was standard fair for the 90s, so it's understandable.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I need to see the Apollo 11 doc. From the Earth to the Moon is much more hokey than I remember. That was standard fair for the 90s, so it's understandable.

Yeah, I always wish it were made 3 years later. I still love it, though. It's the most historically accurate dramatization of the space program I've seen.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads