• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flat on my back with the flu for the last few days and watched a lot of movies:

Hell or High Water
Moonlight
12 Angry Men
Marty
In the Heat of the Night
Dazed and Confused
The Big Sick
Life of Brian

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Big Sick was better than I expected.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Fish Called Wanda

I haven't seen A Fish Called Wanda for ages - I really should watch it again.

I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it as a high school student (and a big fan of Monty Python), and Kevin Kline was fantastic as Otto.

"Ew - don't eat the green ones - they're not ripe."
"C-c-c-coming to k-k-kill me, K-k-ken?"
"Don't call me stupid!"

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen A Fish Called Wanda for ages - I really should watch it again.

I thought it was hilarious when I first saw it as a high school student (and a big fan of Monty Python), and Kevin Kline was fantastic as Otto.

"Ew - don't eat the green ones - they're not ripe."
"C-c-c-coming to k-k-kill me, K-k-ken?"
"Don't call me stupid!"

It was pretty hilarious. Kevin Kline won an Oscar for that movie.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 15.38.56.png

First time viewing, very good movie with great acting.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It took me a little time to get to it but at the insistence of a climbing friend I saw Free Solo today. It may be one of the better films I saw in the past year.

lefty

Free Solo was one of the best movies of the last several years that I have seen. So happy that it won the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. The female filmmaker was completely correct that the film would have been boring without Sanni McCandless, Alex Honnold's girlfriend. Her presence--which was quite unexpected, as she met Alex at a book signing after filming had started--gave the subject and the movie a humanity it would have otherwise lacked.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free Solo was one of the best movies of the last several years that I have seen. So happy that it won the Best Documentary Feature Oscar. The female filmmaker was completely correct that the film would have been boring without Sanni McCandless, Alex Honnold's girlfriend. Her presence--which was quite unexpected, as she met Alex at a book signing after filming had started--gave the subject and the movie a humanity it would have otherwise lacked.

Chin wasn't even thinking about a feature film for his Meru footage before hooking up with Elizabeth. I remember Chin also saying it would't have occurred to him to include the family backstories and interviews, which is what made that film so compelling. She knows what she is doing.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of movies so other than Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody, I haven't heard of a lot of the other movies that won.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't watch a lot of movies so other than Black Panther and Bohemian Rhapsody, I haven't heard of a lot of the other movies that won.

How was Bohemian Rhapsody, lived up to the hype?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never saw it. I only saw previews and trailers. I've actually seen Black Panther but that was because I was on a flight from London to Houston and had 9 hours to kill on a plane.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just watched the "Tickled" documentary.

Holy ****. Watch it, but don't find out anything about it in advance other than that it is about tickling.

Then watch the 20 minute follow-up "The Tickle King"

Just totally insane

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads