• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Monster's Ball. Pretty good. I appreciate movies that are subtle in their emotions. Halle Berry is one of the hottest women ever.

The Matrix is only required viewing so you can get the millions of references to the Matrix that there have been.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too bad thr next 2 sequels sucked but the original Matrix was cool as ****. I still remember everyone losing their **** in high school when that came out.
Agree, the sequel films just didn’t cut it at all. Sad as the story had potential to go somewhere very interesting.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree, the sequel films just didn’t cut it at all. Sad as the story had potential to go somewhere very interesting.
The short animated films post Matrix but before the sequels were also very good.

Reactions: otc

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bird-box.jpg
Bird Box...

This had potential. It had a sorta Survivors(BBC) and The Purge feeling......

That's it. That's my recap.

I really don't have anything else to say about this. I guess Netflix is throwing BIG BUCKS

Just caught this today, without knowing anything about it. It’s pretty much exactly like The Happening. It kept me engaged throughout, and I didn’t want to look down at SF on my phone, which is more than I can say about most movies these days.

Surprise appearance by John Malkovich, lol...

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoyed Bird Box, and I agree it was reminiscent of The Happening. I don't know why it's so polarizing.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife and I enjoyed Bird Box, and I agree it was reminiscent of The Happening. I don't know why it's so polarizing.

Maybe because it’s initial setup was a biological warfare premise then you find out it’s a horror flick with some shapeless entity with attitude?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have never watched Grave of the Fireflies. Tried this morning and only made it through about 20 minutes.
A great movie. Not so much because it's really good tragedy Appreciation, but because of the moralizing---it's more subtle than a 19th-century fairy tale but every bit as harsh.

In case you didn't pick it up, the kids didn't have to die; the film's very Japanese moral is that the boy should have just swallowed his pride and taken what his aunt was willing to give him. It amazes me how few people who liked the movie got what it was trying to say.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
beatthedevil.jpg

Pretty good adventure-comedy film that is basically a subtle satire of the genre. Worth watching when you want to relax and have a laidback evening with your lady.

dolcevita.jpg

First time watching and I loved this. It's rather hard to be emphatic with the characters in anything other than the plight of having a 'meaningful life'. It's a quite remarkable movie that doesn't get preachy or offer easy answers. One of the my favourites now.

zombie.jpg

Probably favourite zombie movie to date. It's quite smart movie for what you would expect for zombie movie it has quite strong postmodern vibes. London could be swarming with zombies right now, but then again what's the difference;) ?Recommended.

dondavi

Reaction score
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Takes me back to high school. Really fun movie, and cool cast.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
f07e300cc096879fc8cc466a4acc4c36.jpg

Quite a good film. Avoided it for a while and some how ditched it after a few minutes some time ago. Finally committed to it tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Some of the characters do some incredibly dumb (but not unbelievable) things.

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just saw Aquaman and it was every bit as bad as I expected. I thought I might improve the experience of watching teh movie by seeing it on a big screen but I was wrong.

Still, it was better than some other DC superhero movies (admittedly a very low bar)

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Kickass, (Christian Bates) Batman, and Deadpool movies have been the only good super hero movies made recently. If you want to include graphic novels etc you could add John Wick and Guardians of the Galaxy. Just my opinion of course, but most DC and Marvel movies suck. Oh, forgot to add, the LEGO Batman movie was pretty good.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
upload_2019-1-4_1-50-0.jpeg

#31 BREWSTER’S MILLIONS (1985)

After losing his job as a minor league pitcher, Monty Brewster learns he will inherit over three hundred million dollars — but only if he can spend thirty million in thirty days. There are some rules: he can’t donate the money, and he can’t purchase any goods. Directed by Walter Hill(!), this movie goes down pretty easy, but squanders an amazing supporting cast featuring John Candy, Rick Moranis and about a thousand 80s That Guys.

Early Me: 6 Current Me: 5

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads