• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

stylish_raven

Reaction score
Another cookie-cutter '80s Medellin cartel flick. Terrible shaky-cam throughout and every imaginable trope thrown in for good measure

1500906929102-jpeg.jpg
this was a good one. It is quite thrilling

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Halloween. I was bizarrely motivated to see this one, partly due to David Gordon Green — who made some good indies later released by the Criterion Collection— and partly due to 80s nostalgia. With a more mature treatment and kick-ass soundtrack, it didn’t disappoint. It was slightly weird to learn after all this time that Michael Myer’s hair was part of his William Shatner mask, not his own, as well as to see two sextagenerians duking it out, but otherwise — solid.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Neat little 20-minute sci-fi film from France: "Reality+" (avec les mots en anglais pour les cancres du Style Forum).

Not the best, but it's neat enough and it's short. Worth checking out!

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BZDdkNzMwZmUtY2Q5MS00ZmM2LWJhYjItYTBjMWY0MGM4MDRjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,687,1000_AL_.jpg

A great movie and competent thriller and a short study on human condition as well. Interestingly some the earlier scenes in the movies were supposedly cut from the original when the movie first hit US cinemas because of being anti-American. Some really great tense scenes in this one.

Nine%2BAnd%2BA%2BHalf%2BWeeks.jpg

First time watching this, I was afraid it is going to be awful chick movie(still I probably enjoyed the movie more because I was watching it with my gf). Definitely a good erotic film if you have company. Also it was not a deep movie, but it was somehow thought provoking and was not devoid of some study of relationships. Good movie.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you liked The Wages of Fear you should check out William Friedkin's The Sorcerer (based on the same book) - it's pretty great.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The other side of the wind..........now granted I only took a couple film classes at a second tier state school so far be it from me to criticize orson Welles but......I'm not sure if works. I'm about 30 minutes in and it lacks any purpose. Considering how orson struggled to cobble it together and Netflix semi finished the job decade after that makes sense. And the satire lost its punch over that time and isnt really subtle. "Is the camera an extension of the eye....or is it just a phallus?" Being asked by an overly serious reporter in the first few minutes really sets the tone.

graywayne

Reaction score
Because of Script to Screen Youtube channel, I'm currently watching 500 Days of Summer again.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
73EBC509-664E-4D8A-953C-D2CA1952C9C8.jpeg

Poignant. Viseral and tragically pointless story of a company of English soldiers who await in the front line trenches the onslaught of Operation Michael in March 1918. Into this walks young Raleigh(Asa Butterfield) fresh from public school to Officers Training Centre who requests his Uncle a General to placed into the company of his sisters fiancé Captain Stanhope (Sam Claflin). The film occurs over five days as the troops have to put up with mud and anxiety as they await the German onslaught.

Dramatically powerful performances also from Uncle, (Paul Bettany) one of the best performances I have seen from him and ably assisted by Toby Oates and Stephen Graham.

Director Saul Dibb delivers a film which will leave you emotionally floored at the futility and poiintless sacrifice of the Great War.

Highly recomended.

Last edited:

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched 8 1/2 two nights ago. What an amazing film.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics