• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7B585622-846D-46D9-9B3C-570C62B8BB2F.jpeg

A successful movie director decides to start making “serious” movies but decides he needs some real world experience first. Very funny and a quick watch. My wife usually hates old black and white movies but this one kept her engaged. Recommended.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raise your hand if you remember the mid 90s mediocre action movie Eraser, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vanessa Williams? OK, now keep them raised if you ever thought to yourself, "man, I'd love to see a remake of that!" Anyone? Yeah, didn't think so. I only dimly remember the original, but Eraser: Reborn is a low budget, straight to streaming flick that's worse in every way. Since they were obviously on a minimal budget, they relocated it to Cape Town, South Africa. Of course, that made explaining why the US Marshals would be running a Witness Protection program there kinda hard to do, so they didn't bother. Shooting there did give them an excuse to use a bad CGI hippo and a worse CGI rhino to kill bad guys. There was also a live ostrich that I'm about 90% sure just wandered onto the set during shooting and they just decided to work it into the story, rather than reshoot.

In case I haven't been clear, it's not a good movie. You should not watch it.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raise your hand if you remember the mid 90s mediocre action movie Eraser, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Vanessa Williams? OK, now keep them raised if you ever thought to yourself, "man, I'd love to see a remake of that!" Anyone? Yeah, didn't think so. I only dimly remember the original, but Eraser: Reborn is a low budget, straight to streaming flick that's worse in every way. Since they were obviously on a minimal budget, they relocated it to Cape Town, South Africa. Of course, that made explaining why the US Marshals would be running a Witness Protection program there kinda hard to do, so they didn't bother. Shooting there did give them an excuse to use a bad CGI hippo and a worse CGI rhino to kill bad guys. There was also a live ostrich that I'm about 90% sure just wandered onto the set during shooting and they just decided to work it into the story, rather than reshoot.

In case I haven't been clear, it's not a good movie. You should not watch it.
Can’t wait to watch it!

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Caught a few spookie movies to celebrate my return to a cable tv free life.

Tumbbad-Poster-6.jpg

Very good spooky Indian movie. I unfortunately fell asleep part way through so missed 10-15 minutes but great music and some creepy scenes.

R.2f083121aa2380d625a4b3305248b873

Interesting find off of Amazon Prime. It's never quite boring but the beginning of the film is dominated by sibling tension (quite juvenile given the actors are probably in their 30s). Things pop off eventually and is pretty satisfying creepy factor. The ending is good too but I actually wish there was a few more minutes to see how things play out (rare a movie may be too short). It's imdb score is much too low.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My daughter is working on a school project about Jane Austen, so she wanted to watch Clueless (based, of course, on her novel Emma). I hadn't seen it in years, so it was a fun nostalgia trip for me. Of note was when one of the kids said, "the way I feel about the Rolling Stones is the way my kids are going to feel about Nine Inch Nails, so I should stop giving my mom such a hard time."

That hits a lot closer to the bone now than it did in 1995.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Clueless is one of my favorite comedies, packed to the gills with jokes.

1670345568485.png

Genuinely terrible, avoid at all costs.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GUEST_2745be46-5f9d-4d75-a7d1-c6bc3fc1659f

Caught this on Netflix over the wknd.

AP stars as a wanna be artist, current food delivery worker with a shitload of student debt. She is just living her life in Los Angeles while sharing an apartment with several people.

When a co-worker slides her a phone number to potentially be a "dummy shopper" she eventually bites.

"Dummy shopper"? Yep...fake credit card and drivers license...purchase some ****...contact resells.

After a few successful, but tense runs, she gets pretty good.

But there are pitfalls. Loads of cash laying around. No time for real 9-5 jobs/interviews. And falling for the contact dude who she is working with.

This was pretty good. The movie weaves a tale of a wannabe criminal trying to survive, doing real criminal stuff! Def worth a watch!

3.75/5.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BMGQwYjY1YWUtN2FjMS00MzYxLWEyNDYtYzdlZWJhZTI5M2NhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQ4NjQyMzE@._V1_.jpg

Another one I caught over the wknd.

The lead actress is a newly married lass living the high life at her husband's family compound. He heads to war and comes back partially paralyzed, and unable to walk/use his junk!

They move back to the country crib, where they basically own the town, and try to make a life for themselves.

The monkey wrench? The newly hired gamekeeper living in a cottage on the land is single and really to mingle!

Lead actress starts taking long walks and.....well.....you know!

There is a good amount of nudity in this, from both lead actors. I'm usually not a period piece movie dude, but this was also rather well done.

This is a remake and based on D.H. Lawrence's book(which I didn't see or read.)

Also worth a watch...even though it runs just over 2 hours.

3.5/5.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm cheap, so I've been watching a lot of action movies that are free on Amazon Prime. I learned that there is a reason that those movies are free. Most of them are bad. Really bad. Except the ones starring Liam Neeson post-Taken. Those are all awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads