• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a ripoff of "Breakdown" with Kurt Russell...
I rewatched Breakdown a few weeks ago. It’s quite good aside from the action movie trope of the meek main character discovering superpowers when put into a stressful situation. J.D. Walsh in particular is fantastic.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
J. T. Walsh.

Breakdown was the last movie he saw released. The next three came after his death.

He was one of the best character actors of that time. Never failed to elevate a scene when he walked on.

lefty

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So Ter and I aren’t the only ones who find the movie total ******* garbage

interesting . I've walked out of a LOT of movies , this is convincing me to give it a spin

also : i caught The Haunting (1999) . always like to see lili taylor . the production design is epic except for the cgi stuff , otherwise meh

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
interesting . I've walked out of a LOT of movies , this is convincing me to give it a spin

Good luck. If you can make it through an almost 3 hour trash flick, please report back.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No it isn’t. You still won’t understand wtf is happening after rewatching it several times or watching YouTube clips explaining wtf is happening. It’ll never make sense.

Even my 12-year old son finds it pretty easy to follow*. I don't understand why people think Nolan films are complicated. They usually have one gimmick and once you figure it out, that's it.

*this doesn't mean it makes any sense IRL

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Saw Blonde yesterday with the missus. Don’t really know or care about the Monroe “story” so I found the cinematography pretty good, the plot/storyline was whatever but I don’t mind seeing Ana De Armas naked as much as possible.

Also just got through the bonkers Indian flick RRR. My first full Bollywood film and the action was pretty off the wall. Also weird to western sensibilities to have the end/ending credits be a 5 minute dance number with the main characters.Would love to see Vin Diesel and the Rock end a movie with a huge sing and dance number after the spending the previous two hours killing everyone in sight.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know Raging Bull is a classic, but I didn’t connect with it for some reason. The boxing scenes were just okay. Would not rewatch.

Usonian

Reaction score
Even my 12-year old son finds it pretty easy to follow*. I don't understand why people think Nolan films are complicated. They usually have one gimmick and once you figure it out, that's it.

*this doesn't mean it makes any sense IRL
i think they might be complicated but it doesn't make them "deep" or "sophisticated," i just think it's messy storytelling. i'm still unable to articulate why i dislike nolan's movies, it's like he's trying to do tarkovsky but the only tools he has are ones he's borrowing from michael bay. i haven't seen tenet yet, i've seen enough nolan to not be interested. maybe one day i'll be bored enough?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know Raging Bull is a classic, but I didn’t connect with it for some reason. The boxing scenes were just okay. Would not rewatch.

I'm a HUGE boxing fan....and have never seen it.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

love Raging Bull , deniro at his best and joe pesci and cathy moriarty are perfect . the domestic scenes are way more powerful than the boxing scenes imho

Pavan

Reaction score
Saw Blonde yesterday with the missus. Don’t really know or care about the Monroe “story” so I found the cinematography pretty good, the plot/storyline was whatever but I don’t mind seeing Ana De Armas naked as much as possible.

Also just got through the bonkers Indian flick RRR. My first full Bollywood film and the action was pretty off the wall. Also weird to western sensibilities to have the end/ending credits be a 5 minute dance number with the main characters.Would love to see Vin Diesel and the Rock end a movie with a huge sing and dance number after the spending the previous two hours killing everyone in sight.
That is an Indian masala cinema, where they try to mix all the emotions. You should try Bahubali, which is from the same director

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Craig with Seydoux stable diffusion demo

1665152664849.jpeg

1665152690301.jpeg

1665152731460.jpeg

1665152908774.jpeg

1665152941117.jpeg

1665152968890.jpeg

1665152988042.jpeg

1665153008210.jpeg

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
last one a movie poster

1665155606466.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads