• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1BFD3936-21A9-4F2B-A342-77BF8EAFA1E6.jpeg

Operation Mincemeat remake of a 1950’s espionage film The Man Who Never Was..Hmmm. I vaguely remember the original the remake features Commander Ian Fleming who is busy writing a novel while conducting the secret war against the Germans..Solid cast and sartorially inspiring tailoring.

Made much more of the plot to kill Hitler and the British disbelief of rumours of said plot than in the originalt.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
prey.jpg

Very solid action-horror. Been looking forward to this one for a while, and it delivered. Nothing profound, but executes well on all levels. I think what it gets that a lot of lesser Predator movies forget is that the excitement in the original comes from the protagonists trying to outwit the Predator and learn how it thinks.

Streaming on Hulu.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 11.19.18 AM.png
Akira (1988) . i rewatched this over a couple of evenings and it's still beautiful and overwhelming .

in 2019 neo-tokyo a motorcycle gang's encounters profoundly affect the little brother of the group .

recommend !

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OIP.2OGcBcCkEzGYdWjsCZnLBAHaLH

Solid suspensful movie from 1970. A lot of characters do really dumb things but it does hold your attention. Caught it on Amazon.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OIP.CRP7X6ZHR2cnNNL0NKp9TAHaK9

Caught this tonight too after some digging around on Amazon Prime. Very good. A lot of humorous elements without getting too cheesy. Of course several characters do really stupid things to keep the plot moving - it truly annoys me if you havent noticed because I really feel like it's not all that necessary in movies. But ah well. Worth watching.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1819697

Very solid action-horror. Been looking forward to this one for a while, and it delivered. Nothing profound, but executes well on all levels. I think what it gets that a lot of lesser Predator movies forget is that the excitement in the original comes from the protagonists trying to outwit the Predator and learn how it thinks.

Streaming on Hulu.
Watched it last night not bad enjoyable distraction. Streaming on Disney in Oz.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
27451B49-67AE-4496-B4C4-91A488403A07.jpeg

Pretty great. There’s a lot of subtext going on that I am still thinking about. Kaluuya is one of my favorite working actors, his facial control and his eyes are exceptional in this. Sound editing and cinematography were also great, glad I saw this in a theater.

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1819697

Streaming on Hulu.

I liked it to. Started out watching in English then switched over to Comanche dubbed version. Even though there wasn’t a ton of dialogue, the English was a little distracting.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MV5BMWEwNjhkYzYtNjgzYy00YTY2LThjYWYtYzViMGJkZTI4Y2MyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM0OTY1OQ@@._V1_.jpg

Someday, there will be a good movie that is based on a video game. This is not it. It felt like an amalgam of ideas ripped off from better movies, with a total that was less than the sum of its parts. Hot women, tho.

ems.cHJkLWVtcy1hc3NldHMvbW92aWVzLzIxYTgyZmE3LWFmZGEtNDBiZS1hMmE3LWM4Mzk4ZGRkZDU3MC53ZWJw.jpg

This was exactly as stupid as expected. Mindless and fun, if you're watching while doing something else and paying minimal attention.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched a great flick Sat night while cooking, Brain Damage, by Frank Henenlotter (who also directed Basket Case and Frankenhooker). Guy gets infected with an ancient alien parasite that eats brains and looks like a cross between a dick and a turd, and speaks to him in a British accent.

MV5BYjIxOTJiM2UtMTFjYS00ZjMyLTg3MDQtNDc3M2Q3ZmI4NDQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
R.47d487c63b561c917ea7b71d0e6eb104

Caught this on HBO Max. I thought it was very good. It's not at all cheesy despite this photo

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching The Gray Man. It was fine. Chris Evans was the highlight- he's good as a douchebag. Otherwise, it was pretty much exactly as expected.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BODI4YjE3YTItNWUyMC00NThhLThiMDUtZDhmNDdiNDM5ZTYwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzEyMTk0MzM@._V1_.jpg

Started watching this sometime last week. Had to stop. It's basically the 2 of them trading one liners before they fall in love.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads