• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything Everywhere All At Once. I saw this movie on a lark yesterday after noticing its positive reviews. I'm one of the few people on the fence about this one. Either people think it's one of the best movies they've ever seen or one of the worst. It's was certainly one of the weirdest. It definitely had its moments, but other aspects of the film didn't work for me. I may have to watch it again.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought EEAAO was mid. My biggest issue was that it was extremely self-indulgent. It took some interesting ideas or funny conceits and beat them to death. Some of the bits were good, then overplayed, and some were just not good at all and still overplayed. For example, the rock scene was cute for 15 seconds, then dragged. the raccoon-a-touille thing and the hotdog hands was just never funny. I thought the everything bagel was going to be a punchline, but it's actually like the central metaphor for the movie. I also thought the "climax" last set piece of the movie was boring and drawn out. But it definitely had its moments, though, I'm not all down on it. I don't need to see it again.

I will say that I am perplexed by the overwhelming praise for it. My suspicion is is that movies like EEAAO, like Minari or Us or a lot of notable movies either by or staring people from underrepresented demographics, these movies get a bit of a pass, or at least softer punches from critics and certain movie goers. I don't think that's bad per say, but I'm half chinese and the praise for EEAAO reminds me of how Minari was received - another movie I thought was fine but also got a bit over-exuberant praise because it was carrying a lot of water representation-wise. I don't really know what to make of it, and I am not complaining, I just think it's interesting. I want creators of all types to be able to make movies and see success, but, like, not every movie about asian americans is going to be good, let alone great, and I think there's a bit of overcompensation when handling these movies out of fear that if they aren't considered the best, they won't get made. I dunno, my 2cents.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Put me down as on the fence too.

It was fine. And I can't tell if it went too far or not far enough.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This is SF. Tanks only mean one thing.
View attachment 1809511
maybe this too

637708730123058169-2225399.png

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Everything Everywhere All At Once.
Jamie lee curtis is in it... that it should have come to that. after a long and illustrious career. you only get it if you see her name on the poster

Duke Santos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did a Saturday afternoon matinee of Earth Vs The Flying Saucers. Good fun. I remember watching it as a small kid for the first time on a literal UHF channel Saturday afternoon matinee presentation.

SFS015-EarthVFlyingSaucers-07.jpg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Went without any expectations of what to expect, had a good laugh, Russell Crowe as Zeus in particular. Intense performances from the leads and interesting cultural signifiers scattered throughout. Very entertaining. Mrs GF gave it the thumbs up with a “I enjoyed that” high praise from her.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
D33C58AF-CCD1-49A9-AE74-DF6D4D8448FB.jpeg

one of my favorites when I was a kid, this definitely held up well. Still pretty funny. The Dr Evil character was my favorite as an adult, I don’t think I’ve seen this since the early 00s. I don’t think I really understood how horny Austin Powers is as a kid lol.

For my money, the Dr Evil speech in the group therapy scene is one of the funniest things ever written. My parents used to “shh!” Me all the time like Dr Evil does to Scott in this movie too lol.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1811538

one of my favorites when I was a kid, this definitely held up well. Still pretty funny. The Dr Evil character was my favorite as an adult, I don’t think I’ve seen this since the early 00s. I don’t think I really understood how horny Austin Powers is as a kid lol.

For my money, the Dr Evil speech in the group therapy scene is one of the funniest things ever written. My parents used to “shh!” Me all the time like Dr Evil does to Scott in this movie too lol.

I will always have fond memories of that movie because it was the only movie I ever saw that caused my dad to belly laugh. Not sure what it was but he couldn’t get enough of it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
girl-in-the-picture-netflix.jpg

Anyone finish this? I am 20 minutes in and dozing off. Worth pushing through?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knock Knock (2015)

Screen Shot 2022-07-11 at 5.05.47 PM.png

good samaritan keanu gets played by a pair of psychopathic cuties in this snoozer from eli roth ... i turned it off after the first act but not bad popcorn fare

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hqdefault.jpg

Caught this today.

This is a speech that he gave at his performing arts high school after they announced that they would name the theater after him.

It's not so much standup as it is a reflection on the school, how it helped shape his career and just some overall reflection.

DC can command a stage and this is def worth a look. It only runs appr 35 minutes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads