• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
81GijYvN6WL._SL1500_.jpg

So 2 couples decide to get away for the weekend. The dudes are brothers...one is married and the other brings his girlfriend and dog.

They book a nice oceanfront spot and plan to do a little drinking, a little exploring and a little drugs. What could go wrong?

Well...loads?

They start to get the feeling that they are being watched. The "caretaker" who lives down the road seems creepy. The dog goes missing. WTF is gong on?

How about WTF did I watch? This was NOT good! Did it have potential? I'm really not sure!

Hard pass!

1.5/5.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
81GijYvN6WL._SL1500_.jpg

So 2 couples decide to get away for the weekend. The dudes are brothers...one is married and the other brings his girlfriend and dog.

They book a nice oceanfront spot and plan to do a little drinking, a little exploring and a little drugs. What could go wrong?

Well...loads?

They start to get the feeling that they are being watched. The "caretaker" who lives down the road seems creepy. The dog goes missing. WTF is gong on?

How about WTF did I watch? This was NOT good! Did it have potential? I'm really not sure!

Hard pass!

1.5/5.

The tagline says it all

A lean and brutal Psycho for the AirBnB era

😂

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw this last night..Performance as visual spectacle and great music.
1B23399A-1E7C-43A2-83FA-4BC9D8306511.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caught a bunch of movies flying from Houston to NYC to Paris and then back to NYC to Houston.

Matrix Resurrection- interesting concept but couldn't really get behind the movie. Some parts just felt like it dragged on and on.

Spiderman No way Home- enjoyed this one. I've never been a big Spiderman fan so I never catch the movies in theaters but I always seem to enjoy Tom Holland's Spiderman movies.

Ghostbusters Afterlife- this is how the Ghostbusters movie should've incorporated the prior cast. The one with all the women in it was funny but kind of stupid how they tried to cram the old cast in and have it as a separate universe.

The Eternals- steaming pile of ****.

House of Gucci- pretty enjoyable. Loved Paolo Gucci.

The Many Saints of Newark- kept falling asleep watching it. It might be because it was the last movie flying from NYC to Houston at 9:30pm. Only thing interesting about this was how it was a Sopranos prequel.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caught a bunch of movies flying from Houston to NYC to Paris and then back to NYC to Houston.

Matrix Resurrection- interesting concept but couldn't really get behind the movie. Some parts just felt like it dragged on and on.

Spiderman No way Home- enjoyed this one. I've never been a big Spiderman fan so I never catch the movies in theaters but I always seem to enjoy Tom Holland's Spiderman movies.

Ghostbusters Afterlife- this is how the Ghostbusters movie should've incorporated the prior cast. The one with all the women in it was funny but kind of stupid how they tried to cram the old cast in and have it as a separate universe.

The Eternals- steaming pile of ****.

House of Gucci- pretty enjoyable. Loved Paolo Gucci.

The Many Saints of Newark- kept falling asleep watching it. It might be because it was the last movie flying from NYC to Houston at 9:30pm. Only thing interesting about this was how it was a Sopranos prequel.

Haven't seen Gucci or Saints of Newark, would like to see both at some point. Even though I have low expectations for Newark.

Agree completely on Matrix Retread, and Eternals, both movies I really wanted to like.

Also agree with Afterlife, thought is was very good, and hope they do another one with the younger cast.

I'm a hug Spidey fan, so try to catch them all in the theater if possible, agree with you on Tom Holland, he is a gem. Casting director deserves some real kudos on snagging him for Spider-Man. As good as the Sam Rami Spider-Man movies (at the 1 and 2) were, Tom Holland is better suited ( ;) ) for the role than either Maguire. Or Garfield for that matter

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garfield is my favorite of the Spidermen, I thought he was the best part of No Way Home tbh.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garfield is my favorite of the Spidermen, I thought he was the best part of No Way Home tbh.

You might like these British TV movies, Andrew Garfield plays a very convincing Yorkshire Post reporter caught up in the Yorkshire Ripper/Police corruption investigation (the films are a mixture of real and fictional events). Very real for me as I grew up there during this time period.

Extremely Dark, but some brilliant actors and a great storyline.

I've never seen a Spiderman movie BTW but he is f*cking brilliant in the 1974 episode

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Garfield is my favorite of the Spidermen
I thought he was underappreciated and did a good job in the role, though that second movie was a flaming turd. That said, I think Holland is better. His movies are certainly enormously better in virtually every respect.

Oswald Cornelius

Reaction score
In light of the upcoming IPCRESS File series and my Michael Caine fanboidom, I bought the dvd of the original movie (couldn't find it to stream anywhere) and watched it last night. Meh. Cool production and cinematography was actually notable, but not a very good flick.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is the absolute worst hot take I’ve read on here in years. Dune ******* rocks. I can forgive you for finding fault with the acting, pacing, etc., but the boldness and imagination of the costumes and set design, esp for an 80s sci-fi, is unparalleled. That is some indelible **** right there, images that will stick with you for the duration.

It’s just a fascinating film, overall. Something Lynch did in order to finance Blue Velvet, with more than the usual amount of crumbling epic grandeur. I can’t think of anything else quite like it.

I remember this perturbing me when I was a kid.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 3.58.52 PM.png
The Edge . from writer david mamet and director lee tamahori .

a bookworm billionaire joins his supermodel wife on a photography junket in the alaskan backcountry . anthony hopkins plays the rich man whose suspicions regarding his wife and the debonair photog ( alec baldwin ) are compounded by a plane crash and getting stalked by a man-eating kodiak bear .

especially from the mouth of hopkins , mamet's bread crumbs are hilarious . the scenery is legit and jerry goldsmith's score is a lot of fun. RIP bart the bear . recommend !

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Death_on_the_Nile_UK_original_poster.jpg

A recently married couple decides to honeymoon in/around Egypt by boat. There are some shady characters on the cruise. When the bride is killed, super sleuth Hercule Poirot, who is also on the cruise, is on the case.

He has to sift through the strange behavior of the many suspects. He has to deal with the agendas that many have to have the bride offed! Point gets help form some of the people on the cruise, or does he?

There is backstabbing, booze and belligerence to go around.

Stellar cast! Amazing scenery. Solid flick.

3.8/5!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
backstabbing, booze and belligerence to go around.

Sounds like my kind of film. Its in the queue, need to find time to watch it.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OIP.0pKBUcjuPZrDrf2MePuw5wAAAA

Caught this on HBO Max. Not sure what to say - forgettable but not necessarily bad. No interesting characters. A reasonable candidate for a random movie to watch streaming.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads