• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sub-buzz-3157-1644166653-14.jpg

Caught this over the weekend.

What happens when gullible women fall for a rich diamond tycoon...who is neither rich nor a tycoon....and he starts to ask them for wads of money because haters are out to get him? Yup...they get hustled!

This documentary type flick examines how several women got taken after they met said "tycoon" on the dating app Tinder.

They ain't too bright those ones!

3.75/5 for laughs!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

What happens when gullible women fall for a rich diamond tycoon...who is neither rich nor a tycoon....and he starts to ask them for wads of money because haters are out to get him? Yup...they get hustled!

This documentary type flick examines how several women got taken after they met said "tycoon" on the dating app Tinder.

3.75/5 for laughs!
Looks like I should watch this later for research purposes.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

3.75/5 for laughs!
It was good, but too long. Alternatively, they could’ve developed it in more organized episodes. I did still enjoy it. Some of the loans these women took out were insane. Also, the ending was a bummer.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How long until people are posting Russ Meyer’s films?

Faster *****cat Kill Kill! was amazing, but, Tura Satana reminds me too much of my ex wife.

unicornchaser

Reaction score
Not so much as what I'm watching but what I have watched which was The Last Duel.

This movie bombed, but despite the weird half-visor helmet ("I can understand why Scott did that, so you will know who was who) this movie was actually pretty good.

Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, the movie is broken down into three chapters from three different perspectives.
Chapter 1: The Truth According to Jean de Carrouges
Chapter 2: The Truth According to Jacques le Gris
Chapter 3: The Truth According to Margueritte de Carrouges
The movie was based on a true account of the last judicial trial by combat in France in which one knight Jean de Carrouges (played by Mat Damon challenged another Jacques Le Gris ((Adam Driver) to a duel to the death after De Carrouges' wife Marquerrite de Carrouges was allegedly raped by Le Gris.

I guess its up the the viewer to decide who was telling the truth and who's truth you believe in. The movie takes place in the overall context of the Second phase of the Hundred Years War, opening up in 1370 with Le Gris and de Carrouges fighting against the Anglo-Gascons at Limoges. After that the relations between the two men deteriorate. As vassals of Pierre D'alencon, (Ben Affleck) Le Gris was held to a much higher regard than de Carrouges, but the latter was also the better soldier. The alleged **** of Marguerrite de Carrouges occurred while de Carrouges was away in Paris to collect money owed to him for services rendered during the disastrous Scottish campaign.
If you don't mind the repetitive story lines as told from different points of view then I recommend this movie.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
11E44D59-18DA-4047-93E8-4F147FDE238E.jpeg

Saw this on Sunday brilliant, demanding 3 hours long. Definitely worth the effort. A complex examination of a marriage, adultery, guilt fame & human nature and Chekhovs Uncle Vanya….can see why it’s being touted as Oscar material.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not so much as what I'm watching but what I have watched which was The Last Duel.

This movie bombed, but despite the weird half-visor helmet ("I can understand why Scott did that, so you will know who was who) this movie was actually pretty good.

Without spoiling it for those who haven't seen it, the movie is broken down into three chapters from three different perspectives.
Chapter 1: The Truth According to Jean de Carrouges
Chapter 2: The Truth According to Jacques le Gris
Chapter 3: The Truth According to Margueritte de Carrouges
The movie was based on a true account of the last judicial trial by combat in France in which one knight Jean de Carrouges (played by Mat Damon challenged another Jacques Le Gris ((Adam Driver) to a duel to the death after De Carrouges' wife Marquerrite de Carrouges was allegedly raped by Le Gris.

I guess its up the the viewer to decide who was telling the truth and who's truth you believe in. The movie takes place in the overall context of the Second phase of the Hundred Years War, opening up in 1370 with Le Gris and de Carrouges fighting against the Anglo-Gascons at Limoges. After that the relations between the two men deteriorate. As vassals of Pierre D'alencon, (Ben Affleck) Le Gris was held to a much higher regard than de Carrouges, but the latter was also the better soldier. The alleged **** of Marguerrite de Carrouges occurred while de Carrouges was away in Paris to collect money owed to him for services rendered during the disastrous Scottish campaign.
If you don't mind the repetitive story lines as told from different points of view then I recommend this movie.

From my perspective I did not get the impression the facts of the different versions of the stories were all that different just that the perspective evolved a bit -
Ch.1 the big change is JdC's reaction to hearing the news;
Ch.2 JdC is insufferable, whiny, and JlG is seemingly more playful with MdC though he convenient ignores her protests;
Ch.3 MdC is a perfect maiden, JlG is far from playful, and JdC is a big meany when reacting to the news.
Summary: The underlying crime does not seem disputed except for JlC subsequent denials - which you could argue were at the encouragement of PDA.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summary: The underlying crime does not seem disputed except for JlC subsequent denials - which you could argue were at the encouragement of PDA.
In other words, she asked for it by being friendly towards him.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. She was only attacked because the [evil] mother in law left her alone in the house despite being told not to. Oh and somehow telegraphed to the whole area that MdL was home alone.

unicornchaser

Reaction score

i think ot was pretty much undisputed that a **** did occur, though Le Gris didn’t think of it that way. In his mind he perceived it to be a consensual affair even if Marguerire yelled out for a servant.

In any case I just found it odd, that a somewhat important nobleman like De Carrouges didn't leave some men-at -arms behind to guard his family. Surely a small garrison to guard the castle?
As for the duel, it stuck pretty closely to the actual accounts of the real duel. The real Le Gris who was physically stronger actually was winning until de Carrouges turned the tables and gained the upper hand. After stabbing De Carrouges in the thigh, Le Gris hesitated and stepped back for an instant, until Carrouges lunged forward and wrestled him to the ground.

unicornchaser

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. She was only attacked because the [evil] mother in law left her alone in the house despite being told not to. Oh and somehow telegraphed to the whole area that MdL was home alone.

In the book by Eric Jager, The Last Duel: A True Story of Crime, Scandal and Trial By Combat. which the author researched from actual court testimonies, Marguerite opened the door for the squire who owed money to her husband. Since it was raining that day he asked to be let in. He also asked if she could ask her husband to have the debt deferred. According to Jager the squire was acquainted with Marguerite and the squire had business dealings in the vicinity of Carrouge's castle in the past.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
842FF05A-FF59-48E3-8F81-C3B88404EF19.jpeg

What can I say that hasn’t already been said…scintillating brilliance and that last bank heist :worship:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads