• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Satan's_Triangle_ad.jpg
kim novak features along with doug mclure and donald pleasance in this 1975 made-for-tv gem .

really unique flick . a uscg rescue team choppers out to a distress call in ... the devil's triangle .

the pilot is suitably gruff , his bucket man is suitably doofy . novak is suitably milfy . recommend .

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1FC4B7E1-9115-4428-908E-0DC3A7119A71.jpeg

A pop culture riot starting with Einsteins wardrobe and so many cultural tropes I lost count….highly recommend for a solid laugh.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Midway . roland emmerich gives the turning tide of the pacific theater the Tora treatment .

i also watched the John Ford docu which is only like 20 minutes . interesting how you can see the latent seeds of bombast - via malick and michael bay !

a recommend for all !

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1639199547109.png

Super solid. If you like the original, you'd be hard-pressed to to have a grin on your face when Spielberg does some of the classic numbers of West Side Story - the opening, America, I Feel Pretty, the gym Mambo, etc. Elgort is by far the biggest drag on the film, mostly just because he just feels so so old, but in his defense Tony is probably the worst part of the show; it's not an easy role. The rest of the cast is excellent - Zegler as Maria and DeBose as Anita crush, and Faist turns in a much edgier and angrier Riff. Cannot stress how incredible the female leads are here. Can't wait to watch it again.

denverbizman42

Reaction score
View attachment 1718259
Super solid. If you like the original, you'd be hard-pressed to to have a grin on your face when Spielberg does some of the classic numbers of West Side Story - the opening, America, I Feel Pretty, the gym Mambo, etc. Elgort is by far the biggest drag on the film, mostly just because he just feels so so old, but in his defense Tony is probably the worst part of the show; it's not an easy role. The rest of the cast is excellent - Zegler as Maria and DeBose as Anita crush, and Faist turns in a much edgier and angrier Riff. Cannot stress how incredible the female leads are here. Can't wait to watch it again.

have to admit, wasn’t excited initially to see this because it’s been done so many time. Thanks for your post as it helps to make me want to go and see it. Sounds like it really impressed and is worth seeing it. Haven’t been to a movie in a long time with Covid.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@denverbizman42 few working directors know how to move the camera as well as Spielberg so it definitely is worth seeing if you have any interest in the source material. Not sure if this makes sense but it’s definitely a lot more “cinematic” than the original film, Spielberg’s camera is extremely dynamic here, moving out, moving in, holding on closeups and I intimate moments, than I remember the original, which opts for a lot more wide shots to highlight the group choreography. I also saw it on Imax and it was worth the money.

Last edited:

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
really looking forward to Nightmare Alley !

Ace_Face

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Covid isolation has afforded me the time to stream some movies:

What We Do In The Shadows
The Lavender Hill Mob
Laura
Days of Heaven
The Vikings
Serpico
Room at the Top
Billy Liar

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
53442FE2-E317-449E-B3A2-CE8F3DCB1DAA.jpeg

What do you need to say? Well they got the death of Marcus Aurelius wrong, and since when did centurions have Scottish accents.…stands the test of time and excellence.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics