• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wesley Snipes really had a great run in the early 90s. He showed impressive range- Major League, New Jack City, and Jungle Fever were all released in a 12 month span.

His comic ability is underrated, too. He was easily the funniest part of Coming 2 America (not saying much, but still) and I read somewhere that he ad libbed a lot of the performance.

Snipes was great in white men can't jump.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snipes was great in white men can't jump.
Great in character, but soooo bad at basketball. Woody actually looks as if he has a lot of the skills that his character demonstrates. I’d say Snipes hadn’t played much basketball before making this movie.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Snipes and Woody played two brothers in Money Train
I have on a VHS, might rewatch because synchronicity

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Word is, he's going to play Jerry Garcia, in a Scorsese directed film about The Grateful Dead

I am intrigued.

Its gonna be interesting to see how Scorsese directs a film about the Grateful Dead using almost entirely Rolling Stones songs...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great in character, but soooo bad at basketball. Woody actually looks as if he has a lot of the skills that his character demonstrates. I’d say Snipes hadn’t played much basketball before making this movie.
Snipes himself has said he's not good and specifically, that he can't shoot.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snipes himself has said he's not good and specifically, that he can't shoot.
Haha, really, I had no idea he had commented on this - definitely doesn't take away from the movie. I actually enjoy watching for the artful edits and framings intended to conceal his lack of skill. And, as others noted, Snipes nails the more important aspects of the character.

Definitely need to rewatch this, as I probably haven't seen it in 15 years. Also found out just the other day that my wife has never seen this, so she has a treat in store.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

woody shoot with 2 hands, which is absurd.

but the movie is phenomenal.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I finally saw the Bond movie. I thought it was the best of the Craig Bonds, if a bit lengthy. Unfortunately I was spoiled by social media beforehand, but the ending was still affecting with the clear reference to OHMSS.

The movie confirmed the theory that James Bond is a code name, not a character. Like M or Q.
Skyfall definitely says otherwise.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
489B2CC0-489F-4CFB-816F-7D074F48BC50.jpeg

Brilliant in terms of narrative development, visual pacing and direction. Been a few years since I’ve seen it…Highly Recommended. Great Film.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
View attachment 1711467

House of Gucci: We enjoyed it. Great cinematography, locations and costumes.

Same here. Some over the top (and over-the-hill) performances, including those from the director, but still jolly good, but you kind of wait the entire movie for the deed to be done but a solid biopic nonetheless.
Almost 3 hours passed quickly and without much boredom or other entropy.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched a couple in the busy recent genre I refer to as "you fucked with the wrong person" movies, Nobody and Kate.

Nobody is decent, and Bob Odenkirk does a good job of portraying a middle aged guy kicking himself out of his life's rut after he made a career change and, as he tells someone, "may have overcorrected". A little humor, and the action, while unbelievable, isn't completely ridiculous, despite the extraordinary body count and level of destruction.

Kate is also decent. Mary Elizabeth Winstead makes me feel tingly inside, and there were some interesting visuals and nicely choreographed fight scenes. It's a bit more of a downer, but the central premise kinda requires it to be. I think it also suffered in my perception by being the second movie in a doubleheader, and this is a category of movies that is really formulaic. It gets dull in larger quantities.

Would recommend either if you're looking for something easy and forgettable to pass a couple of hours.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads