• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
On Netflix: first movie that came up in my recommendation list, and instantly hit play.

View attachment 1707885

Immensely rewatchable. One of my favorite Pitt performances, but really found Jonah Hill's performance to be exceptional in its restraint and timidity this time around.
Best Jonah Hill performance I can think of.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Best Jonah Hill performance I can think of.
From Superbad to Moneyball to Wolf of Wall Street...the kid's got range. Never would have expected it when he was doing all the Seth Rogan stoner flicks. His performances are top notch.

I liked his "The 90's" but didn't love it. Seemed a bit too much like, "This is England," still watchable but not groundbreaking to me.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
problem-j-news-4.jpg

I was just browsing my queue and recs and saw this. I made the mistake of looking at the trailer. Do NOT do that as it gives away a big part of the movie. Will probably still watch.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
problem-j-news-4.jpg

I was just browsing my queue and recs and saw this. I made the mistake of looking at the trailer. Do NOT do that as it gives away a big part of the movie. Will probably still watch.

I finished this today.

Solid flick about a 13 year old Italian girl who went missing the the prosecutor's relentless journey to capture the killer.

Not much more to say outside of some good performances. As stated above, DON'T watch the trailer.

3.75/5.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1637770654358.png

New on Netflix, directed by Lin Manuel Miranda. I'll watch anything Andrew Garfield is in. This was........well I'm not super into musical theater and this one felt *extremely* dated. Garfield's energy is really infectious. I will say though that there is something freakishly tragic about Jonathan Larson's life, and this was moving despite some of the songs really falling flat. "30/90" - the opening number - was very good, maybe because I turned 30 this year lol. I preferred In the Heights.

I continue to hate Netflix's seeming house-brand of dark, muddy lighting. Drives me insane. Remarkable how much of this movie just looked like ****.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I watched prisoner of azkaban earlier. Now jm watching butch Cassidy and the sundance kid.

Which made me wonder. Has there been a mobie that tells the story of Pancho & Lefty

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man ive always had a fascination with the west. Certainly some chicken and egg situation with why i like westerns. Anyway i really wanna explore the west.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Son (7) gets to pick family movie night movies.
Secret Life of Pets 2….

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally saw the Bond movie. I thought it was the best of the Craig Bonds, if a bit lengthy. Unfortunately I was spoiled by social media beforehand, but the ending was still affecting with the clear reference to OHMSS.

The movie confirmed the theory that James Bond is a code name, not a character. Like M or Q.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
saw the new Ghostbusters.

Not a great movie, but it does the trick. Hits all the right fan service buttons. Maybe one or two too many (better than one or two too few)

I really don't think Ghostbusters is a movie you can make a good sequel to. Caught lightning in a bottle.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
9C8A6CCB-9B81-495B-919B-A3D944E2B76E.jpeg

Entertaining but just okay. Doubt I’ll watch it again. The smack talk was good but Rosie Perez was the scene stealer for me. Woody’s character is such a loser.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wesley Snipes really had a great run in the early 90s. He showed impressive range- Major League, New Jack City, and Jungle Fever were all released in a 12 month span.

His comic ability is underrated, too. He was easily the funniest part of Coming 2 America (not saying much, but still) and I read somewhere that he ad libbed a lot of the performance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads