• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, the characters were really dumb. But not just that, I kinda hate how they have to do a prequel to fill in the gaps of every IP now. Maybe it's better and cooler that we don't know where the hell the aliens come from.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too remember being excited for Prometheus and Covenant. Both were somewhat of a letdown. There are some short movies that cover pre-Prometheus and in between movies focusing on the David character that I thought had more information in a few minutes than the movies themselves.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never understood why we needed an Alien prequel. There were aliens that got a previous ship. Then they got the cast of Alien.

The dudes of that film didn’t seem surprised to find an extraterrestrial spacecraft or anything.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah. It's not just Alien either, they have to do a prequel for everything, and it gets silly when the prequels come out so much later than the originals and they have to account for the original movie or show being so outdated.

Example: I like Star Trek Discovery and all, but, they had to bend themselves into pretzels to explain why the technology in Disco is so much better than TOS and TNG...turns out Pike was a luddite and didn't like the holograph technology so they retrofitted the Enterprise with view screens and it just kinda stayed that way forever...I was just like...come on mannnnn.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prometheus was a terrible letdown .

i remember watching the opening credits and they're showing these vistas of - i think - greenland , some windscoured icy alien landscape and i'm there in my seat in a midnight showing thinking oh yeah ...

... and then they spend the whole movie in a cave .

Ronin is amazing , the driving scenes are so good . the guy who played the driver was iirc a pro driver .

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Charlize Theron's "I didn't travel half a billion miles..." was also stupid since that doesn't even get you out of the Solar System.
Did you wake up today and say: "I want to be an even bigger ******* loser/nerd than @otc?"

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Common knowledge you idiot. You're dumber than MTG.
Careful there; you're getting awfully close to the first category here-
Screenshot_20211027-145554_Chrome.jpg

Though I'm sure Ted Cruz would defend you...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
8/10 for Prometheus is way too high for me. I gave it like 4/10.

I did see this in theaters with high hopes. The storyline was decent but the characters were so ******* stupid that I just couldn't enjoy the movie. Covenant was good though with Fassbender's creepy scary mannerisms throughout the movie.
I was excited for Prometheus but was a big letdown for me.
Prometheus: we answer the big questions: where did people come from?

Also Prometheus: people were created from other people. Who look just like people! But taller!
That one geologist who was all like "I like ROCKS!!!!" in his Aussie accent but was scared of everything else suddenly deciding to get high and play with the alien snake was a serious wtf.

Charlize Theron's "I didn't travel half a billion miles..." was also stupid since that doesn't even get you out of the Solar System.

Just so many stupid character moments that stood out like a sore thumb. Fassbender and Pierce I though were great though.
Prometheus was a terrible letdown .

i remember watching the opening credits and they're showing these vistas of - i think - greenland , some windscoured icy alien landscape and i'm there in my seat in a midnight showing thinking oh yeah ...

... and then they spend the whole movie in a cave .

Ronin is amazing , the driving scenes are so good . the guy who played the driver was iirc a pro driver .

Agree with all of the above on Prometheus. Pretty to look at, but terrible otherwise....

This: That one geologist who was all like "I like ROCKS!!!!" in his Aussie accent but was scared of everything else suddenly deciding to get high and play with the alien snake was a serious wtf.

My friend said this out loud, during the movie....

Ronin: 8 out 10, great movie.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw a review last night and now I really want to see Last Duel.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree with all of the above on Prometheus. Pretty to look at, but terrible otherwise....

This: That one geologist who was all like "I like ROCKS!!!!" in his Aussie accent but was scared of everything else suddenly deciding to get high and play with the alien snake was a serious wtf.

My friend said this out loud, during the movie....

Ronin: 8 out 10, great movie.
Well, I liked the speech of worship and praise that David gave the engineer, who listened patiently and then ripped his head off...

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I liked the speech of worship and praise that David gave the engineer, who listened patiently and then ripped his head off...

I am not saying the movie doesn't have its moments. Overall though, it is just not good.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Night Teeth the other night.
MV5BNDhmODAxYzItYjRjNi00ZmI2LWIwMDktZTYwZWNiYWZhMTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1...jpg

It was fine. Kinda sedate pacing and less action than you'd expect. It has some nice stylistic touches, but overall it was mostly just a moderately pleasant time killer.

zenosparadox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a review last night and now I really want to see Last Duel.
Yes, that's actually the movie I want to see most right now, but it did so poorly in theaters that it's already tough to find. The film is more likely to attract audiences who are statistically less likely to have re-entered theaters, so it was likely a bad call to give this an exclusive theatrical release.

Also quite disappointed by the terrible recent reviews that Eternals is receiving. I was hoping to go see something fun in the next couple of weeks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads