• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sean Young was hot, but she was covered in dusty cocaine for much of the movie.
Don't sleep on Virginia Madsen at the height of her hotness.
1634848297687.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^This is the correct take.

You can fall down the rabbit hole of Tangerine Dream soundtracks on YouTube. (Remember The Keep? Badass…)

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I raise you....

hotspot.jpg

Damnnnn am I gonna enjoy this one the same way I enjoyed Wild Things?

edit: Mmmmm Denise Richards before she became a skeleton

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping with the theme of perversion,
a friend sent this to me yesterday.
Outtake from Ferris Bueller.
Jennifer Grey kissing Mia Sara.
Mia Sara was kind of my 80s girl.
1634849769093.png

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Usonian

Reaction score
They're very different films that have similar story arcs.

The Wicker Man explores ideas about colonialism and modernity.

Midsommar is about a bad breakup.

I certainly wouldn't reduce midsommar down to that, it's about far more than that. Although I obviously can't tell if you're being sarcastic/facetious because of "the internet" but either way... agreed on them being very different...

I'd say midsommar is a very personal exploration into someone's mind and how that might be manipulated, or from the opposite point of view, how a group could manipulate an individual.

I haven't seen wicker man in years because i thought it was one of the worst pieces of media that my eyes and ears had ever been exposed to, but hey, maybe i'll check it out again.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
At this point in time is where V-Mad gets kicked to the curb for Jennifer Connolly in my mental rankings...

I_UVB1iuTCf7OHEUopoocFCIwgCoCwifxEYrgTVaA2g.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about half way through Dune and I really want to love it. Hans Zimmer score and "the voice" are fantastic with the sonos subwoofer cranked up. I do find the stunning Rebecca Ferguson (who is what, 10 years older than Chalamet?) to be quite good so far. Actually the performances all seem decent.

@ter1413 Jennifer Connolly :fistbump: . I still think about her in that Frank Whaley movie from the late 80's.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I am want to do, I was needlessly bombastic in my premature trashing of Tremors 10,191. My initial opinion was formed before I watched the last 30 minutes. The final 30 minutes were good, and they finally started to characterize the players. It still contained too much exposition, stop having characters explaining everything and let the audience figure it out, but the last 30 minutes was much better than the rest of the movie.

There's probably a lesson to learn here about premature judgments, but I ain't got time for boring ass lessons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads