• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Time to Die is almost 3 hours? Damn, I can't even do a matinee and be home for the kids to get off the bus.
8:30pm showing and walked out at 11:30pm with the 20 min of previews.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Many Saints...yeah...just meh.

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (since I can't stream No Time to Die). Lazenby's only bond. Diana Rigg as the bond girl. I agree with the people who think that this one has held up well over time. Wonder what would have happened if he had stuck with the role.

Only downside is I realized about 15 minutes in that I had caught the intro in a hotel a couple of months ago and proceeded to read the entire Wikipedia plot summary out loud to my wife while explaining how it is the oddball movie with a 1-time bond...so the ending was kind of spoiled (doubt I would have remembered what happens otherwise).

Catch me if you can

Weird, I just rewatched this last week.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Many Saints...yeah...just meh.

On Her Majesty’s Secret Service (since I can't stream No Time to Die). Lazenby's only bond. Diana Rigg as the bond girl. I agree with the people who think that this one has held up well over time. Wonder what would have happened if he had stuck with the role.

Only downside is I realized about 15 minutes in that I had caught the intro in a hotel a couple of months ago and proceeded to read the entire Wikipedia plot summary out loud to my wife while explaining how it is the oddball movie with a 1-time bond...so the ending was kind of spoiled (doubt I would have remembered what happens otherwise).

Weird, I just rewatched this last week.

OHMSS is a weird one, it has a decent plot, the action sequences are good (for 1969), It has the stunning and capable Diana Rigg (also excellent in the Avengers) and potentially what should be the most Realistic 007 (Austrailian SAS).

It's only real problem is that the on screen charisma and charm of Sean Connery is missing ?

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No Time to Die.

I enjoyed it. The movie was way too long though and definitely needed to be trimmed down like 20 minutes at least. Still not as good as CR or Skyfall but much better than QoS and Spectre.

My thoughts exactly.

I did enjoy callbacks to previous Bonds (OHSMSS, TLD)

CR/Skyfall tops.... this is middle, QOS, SPECTRE at the bottom.

Overall, thumbs up. Cool gadgets, exotic locales, good action, decent enough plot. Too long.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly.

I did enjoy callbacks to previous Bonds (OHSMSS, TLD)

CR/Skyfall tops.... this is middle, QOS, SPECTRE at the bottom.

Overall, thumbs up. Cool gadgets, exotic locales, good action, decent enough plot. Too long.
Ana de Armas 15 min screen time really stole the show from Lea Seydoux. Same with Waltz over Malek but Waltz is always great. It's too bad that his film was total **** when he had so much potential.

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ana de Armas 15 min screen time really stole the show from Lea Seydoux. Same with Waltz over Malek but Waltz is always great. It's too bad that his film was total **** when he had so much potential.

We continue to see eye to eye

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Screen-Shot-2021-09-29-at-24233-PM.png

Caught this on Netflix today.

DC goes in on current events...specifically the LGBTQ community and "their" reactions to his jokes. He weaves us through the negative feedback that he has received and the fact that he has no hatred for anyone.

Of course, a DC special wouldn't be complete with relevant stories that just add to the set.

His best stuff? Nope. I put 'Killin' Them Softly' up there. Jokes from start to finish? No, he is more so getting stuff off his chest while entertaining the masses. Solid stuff? Of course...it's DC.

(An absolutely brilliant ending to this set and when the credits roll.)

3.75/5.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Daniel Craig and Ana de Armas movies, I finally watched Knives Out. I enjoyed it, though Craig's accent was ridiculous. Chris Evans does trust fund douchebag really well.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dave Chapelle peaked with Killing Em Softly and Live at the Fillmore. He occasionally has some insightful comments, but his comedy is awful. He’s coasting off his early stuff, like Eddie Murphy.

He’s become like every other comic that tours with Rogan:inflated self-worth, pretends comedy is some art form that is unobtainable, complains about cancel culture while pulling in multi-million per special, fake persecution complex, etc.

They’re out of touch and sati hateful **** until premise of “it’s a joke”. There’s early punchlines and just old men being grumpy

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Isn’t he the most successful comic of all time? Just from a purely financial standpoint, he’s got the receipts. (And obviously, millions still find him hilarious.)

Can’t really fault him for holding comedy in high regard, either. It is an art form, and also his profession.

I’d just rather he tell more jokes as this *trans women can’t have babies* schtick isn’t funny or original. Just a weird hill to die on.

I do think Eddie Murphy’s actually been pretty solid lately. I mean: Dolemite. His Disney(?) period was probably where he was coasting. I wish he would get back to stand-up, actually…

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sure, I just meant, when considering self worth, he’s literally at the top of the pile. He’s also the rare success where average fans and critics agree.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've never thought his stand up was good. I tried to watch his last special from a year or two back and it was painfully awful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics