• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes and if you watch it on Shudder then you can get background info via The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs.

Yep he's the reason I subbed to Shudder. Fond memories of him back in the 80s on The Movie Channel.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The-Ice-Road-696x497.png

Started this last night.

After part of a very remote diamond mine collapses, the good guys need to get rescue equipment out to the location.

Problem? It's cold as F and the only route is by truck(s) over a frozen ocean. The team and their leader definitely need a particular set of driving skills to pull this off!

Liam N is that leader and along with a few other misfits, they attempt the challenge.

I fell asleep so no review...not even a partial. I didn't fall asleep due to the movie, just had a long wknd.

Will check it out later.

Ok...I finished this last night.

Absolutely nothing special.

LN has cemented his role as the underdog slash overcomer of bad guys. This flick is no different.

2/5.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok...I finished this last night.

Absolutely nothing special.

LN has cemented his role as the underdog slash overcomer of bad guys. This flick is no different.

2/5.
He does have a very particular set of skills. Skills he's acquired over a very long career.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
am adopting the finger chewing bit from jack reacher as my go-to werner herzog impression *holds up two nubby hands* the man is a treasure

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually looking forward to Many Saints of Newark. Dickie Moltisanti seems like a total badass. I get a serious Richie Aprile from the show vibe from him.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A25594AE-2BEB-4CF4-A7F9-58F83670F9E2.jpeg

# 63: BLACK ROSES (1988)

Tipper Gore’s worst nightmare comes true in Black Roses, the 1988 film proving heavy metal’s not only bad — it’s deadly.

John Martin plays a teacher at a crossroads: Should he keep trying to reach his small town’s dipshit kids, suffused in turquoise and yellow? Or should he ditch it all to pursue the mayor’s daughter and a life of filthy lucre?

Things come into focus when Black Roses — rockers whose name evokes both GnR and Baudelaire’s Les Fleurs du Mal — are revealed to be literal demons.

Solid first half. A female-written script. The wardrobe a realistic mix of band tees and surf-mall culture.

Early Me: ?
Current Me: 5/10

B033ED8C-2E98-4439-95D7-F2B1EF6BFC10.jpeg

5C4C374A-FAAC-4807-87C5-ADB53151E70C.jpeg

EF540920-4309-400F-993B-72B25E40E43F.jpeg

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really enjoyed "The Tomorrow War" with Andy from Parks & Rec. Perfect summer movie. Yvonne Strahovski :worship: .

tomorrow.jpg

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Disappointed by the new Soderbergh - too clever by half and absolutely devoid of any of the charm that makes his past heist movies pop. (Out of Sight, Oceans, Logan Lucky, etc.) I also found the consistent use of a fisheye lens to be extremely disorienting, not in a good way. Rewatch the Nice Guys instead.

Watched Tomorrow War last night also. Didn’t like it at all. Wooden dialogue, bad acting, contrived plot, and a third act that dragged so much I felt like it just have been 2050 by the time it was over. Needed 200% more Sam Richardson.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Discovered one of our cable subs have the complete Harry Potter collection. So why not. Two down and five to go. Excellent ensemble cast, great visuals, humorous and entertaining :lurk:
1B03FE2A-3A9E-4BA0-B7A9-CD4B85CD4D4D.jpeg
457CE1AA-84D3-46CE-96B5-362082705D87.jpeg

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Tomorrow War last night also. Didn’t like it at all. Wooden dialogue, bad acting, contrived plot, and a third act that dragged so much I felt like it just have been 2050 by the time it was over.

I understand why it was released on streaming, instead of in cinemas. Some of it was good, with some good action scenes and special effects, but could have been much better.

...I spent two-thirds of the movie questioning the entire premise - asking myself why they were sending thousands (or millions?) of largely untrained people to fight monsters in the future, rather than being forewarned and spending the next few decades diligently preparing to defend against the coming threat so that it could be prevented, or stopped before it got out of hand. Generally, I don't enjoy a lot of exposition, but I think that it would have greatly benefited from an explanation of what efforts had been made to do that, as it really took me out of the movie.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus, I haven't thought about BR for years. I designed the opening title and some other efx. I may have roughed out that poster

OK, that is crazy (and crazy awesome)! I actually screencapped the titles because they were full of 80s cool…

Knowing nothing about it, I always thought doing those sequences would be a fulfilling career; they’re often much better and creative than the movies themselves.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads