• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's a WW2 movie comparison......

There's no comparison, TORA! TORA! TORA! is the definite history buff movie. Don't forget full scale model of Japanese flagship which was not even in the battle(made for handful of shots). The movie is pure genius, they had some guts to pull it off tbh.

1617977058087.png

Last edited:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Didn’t Star Wars use that as a template for the space battle scenes?

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rewatched Moonrise Kingdom and Death Proof. both as good as i remember. moonrise was maybe better the second time around.

interesting to see how streaming is devaluing media.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched Monkey Ninja vs. Atomic Lizard.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Here is a movie. with Irene Cara too. Canuxploitation

Me, I have it on vhs

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B15.jpg

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B1.jpg

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B19.jpg

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B14.jpg

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B12.jpg

Well, I guess I kind of forgot to return them at the time

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
186853D1-4974-4AD0-A91D-D2E002BD501B.jpeg

Criminally under-discussed and underrated Scorsese movie. Watched on Amazon Prime. One of Cage’s quieter and subdued performances as it follows him playing a depressed paramedic over a long weekend in NYC. Ving Rhames turns in an absolutely electric performance here as one of Cage’s exuberant and evangelical colleagues.

Last edited:

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I am watching Cage too right now

vhs%2Bcollection%2Bapril%2B2021%2B5.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
breaking.jpg

Four Bloomington, Indiana best friends(Dave, Mike, Cyril and Moocher) graduate from high school and really have no plans. They don't intend to leave the small town and just really want to live life and chill.

On the other side are the well off graduates who plan for college and ridicule the four friends....who never back down.

Dave is a champion cyclist and dreams of all things Italian...and competing with/against the Italian national team. His 3 friends rally him to race with them in the Indiana University Little 500 bike race to show those stuck up locals. Reluctantly, he does.

He builds their bike from scratch and they enter as underdogs against the "stacked" college bound teams. What happens during the race is major part of the movie....but the tale that gets us there is as good as it gets(< great name for a movie!)

Love, family drama, small town rivalries, coming of age...this flick has all of that and then some.

If you haven't seen this gem, do take a look! I never get tired of it.

4.75/5.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
breaking.jpg

Four Bloomington, Indiana best friends(Dave, Mike, Cyril and Moocher) graduate from high school and really have no plans. They don't intend to leave the small town and just really want to live life and chill.

On the other side are the well off graduates who plan for college and ridicule the four friends....who never back down.

Dave is a champion cyclist and dreams of all things Italian...and competing with/against the Italian national team. His 3 friends rally him to race with them in the Indiana University Little 500 bike race to show those stuck up locals. Reluctantly, he does.

He builds their bike from scratch and they enter as underdogs against the "stacked" college bound teams. What happens during the race is major part of the movie....but the tale that gets us there is as good as it gets(< great name for a movie!)

Love, family drama, small town rivalries, coming of age...this flick has all of that and the some.

4.75/5.
"The Italians are coming!!!!"

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
breaking.jpg

Love, family drama, small town rivalries, coming of age...this flick has all of that and then some.

4.75/5.
So good, from beginning to end.

Raymond: What is this?
Evelyn: It's sautéed zucchini.
Raymond: It's I-tie food. I don't want no I-tie food.
Evelyn: It's not. I got it at the A&P. It's like... squash.
Raymond: I know I-tie food when I hear it! It's all them "eenie" foods... zucchini... and linguini... and fettuccine. I want some American food, dammit! I want French fries!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads