• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, seeing 48 Hours again was definitely jarring in some respects. I love Nick Nolte — but the way his character used racist comments to dress down Reggie was awful. My memory could be clouded, but it seemed like the longer it went on, it was almost presented as good-natured teasing.

He was also (IIRC) supposed to stand in relief to the patrons of the redneck bar, who he abhorred as backwards racists(?),

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I've already watched this movie. I totally didn't expect to see these two creatures in the same movie, but it lived up to my expectations. I really liked the movie
The title wasn't a big spoiler?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Coming 2 America. I didn't really love the original and this was definitely worse. I thought the funniest part of the movie was Wesley Snipes, which reminded me that before he started doing grimly expressionless action hero roles, he was Willie Mays Hayes in the greatest baseball movie ever made.

Like you, I was never crazy about the original. Not in a rush to see 2.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Okay apparently Road Warrior is way better than the original, so I'll watch it eventually. But even so Mad Max could have been condensed into like a 30 minute 1st act origin story.

Not a movie that I'd recommend someone seeing for any reason other than to understand where the franchise came from.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've already watched this movie. I totally didn't expect to see these two creatures in the same movie, but it lived up to my expectations. I really liked the movie

61IDZFKtqfL._SX342_.jpg

Already done many years ago....

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay apparently Road Warrior is way better than the original, so I'll watch it eventually. But even so Mad Max could have been condensed into like a 30 minute 1st act origin story.

Not a movie that I'd recommend someone seeing for any reason other than to understand where the franchise came from.
The latest one also has an accompanying playstation game, about as good as the movie in terms of wasting time

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Went on a crime spree recently:

View attachment 1587380 - awesome. Has that street shootout scene ever been topped?

I don't think it has...but I will give you two Marky Mark flicks that had some pretty good shoot ups:

51jpGfkm2PL.jpg

91ySONfPzAL._SL1500_.jpg

Both are VERY good flicks!

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dont remember watching the first movie, but lone survivor was legit

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I've seen the second, but not the first.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aaron Sorkin is exceedingly reliable!

Anyone seen his new Netflix movie, The Chicago Eight? (Seven?)

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Aaron Sorkin is exceedingly reliable!

Anyone seen his new Netflix movie, The Chicago Eight? (Seven?)
Mark Rylance is talented af.

which reminds me I watched Trial of the Chicago 7 a few nights ago. It was pretty good, but do we not have enough talented American actors that we have to suffer through a couple of Brits doing shite American accents for 2+ hours? (not talking about Rylance obvs)
I enjoyed it, but of course it takes quite a few liberties with history.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads