• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Consider yourself lucky. I've watched the movie and most of the seasons and feel ashamed for just admitting it online to a bunch of internet strangers.

I was a proud viewer of Entourage since it was at its best while I was in college (2002-2006). It was immense fun at its height but definitely went on a few seasons too long. It was so bad at its end that I don't believe I bothered with the movie.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched Isle of Dogs a couple of times over the past week. Though many people dislike his movies, I really, really enjoy them and find them . . . serene, for the lack of a better word.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Royal Tenenbaums for the first time earlier this week and thought it was fine. Love the aesthetic of Wes Anderson's movies but thought it was fairly dull and uninteresting. few funny line readings though, and I liked Danny Glover in it a lot.

vdubiv

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
huinged.jpg

Pretty decent thriller, there were a couple of ohh **** moments in the movie, would definitely recommend if you need something to watch over the weekend.
Must say damn Russel Crowe put on a lot of weight!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
E58C05C2-C487-4E5E-ABF0-2DC713B5A6F1.jpeg

Mrs GF Friday night pick. Last saw it in 91 I remember one reviewer said;”it the best film Woody Allen never made.” Thought it was odd at the time and there were a few Annie Hall moments, but other wise a great laugh.

The dialogue was exceptionally humourous at times. ”you made a woman MEOW!” which then segued into the restaurant scene “I’ll have what she’s having”

After thirty years it still entertains.

The film also introduced Harry Connick Jr to the world, a better singer than actor IMHO.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sometimes, it takes 30 years to fully appreciate one scene amid the greatness of "When Harry Met Sally ..."

The definitive rom-com has so much firepower, with pitch-perfect performances from Billy Crystal and Meg Ryan as friends turned lovers, and iconic moments such as the fake orgasm at Katz's Deli.

But as the film marks its 30th anniversary Friday, respect must be paid to lesser-known genius moments, like the four-way call between Crystal's Harry and his best friend, Jess (Bruno Kirby), about spending the night with Ryan's Sally – as she's talking to her best friend, Marie (Carrie Fisher).

lefty

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
51H8Qzmur%2BL._SY445_.jpg

Caught this rom-com during the week.

Renee Z is a high powered Miami based biz consultant charged with going to New Ulm, Minnesota to prep a manufacturing plant for restructuring.

New Ulm, MN is NOT in her wheelhouse! She arrives and has to deal with the weather, locals, and resistance from the plant workers/union to any of her plans.

She is eventually drawn to the small town, the people and their ways. Harry C. Jr. plays the scruffy union rep...and as you can imagine, he is drawn to Renne Z...and she to him.

She eventually gets her marching orders: Shut the plant down and liquidate.

By the time she does, she has fallen in love with New Ulm and Harry C. Jr. and has to make a career/life choice

This has a Fargo feel related to the people/sayings/accent. While it can be predictable, it also can be funny.

Not a bad watch at all.

3/5.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching this classic. Acting was awful, but Gillo used locals instead of actors. I don't know how historically accurate it is, but it's impossible to escape the feeling that this exact film has been playing out IRL for the past 60 years. It's eerie, extremely eerie.

Overall a good film. War scenes are dated, of course, but I recommend.

lJ7B3Ujbj96gsjJZLt2HNUNdvWr9Si_large.jpg

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
caught Virtuosity last night. they don't make em like this any more.

corporations are raising fleets of AI for cheap thrills. a psychopathic program (Russell Crowe) gets laser-printed into the real world and wages a terror campaign. Denzel Washington stars as the chaser. Recommend.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1DB17890-6224-4F3D-8DDA-116D7BB31D51.jpeg

When you think of the term “American Epic” what else could be your answer? The Godfather? Goodfellas? For me, it’s this one. Rewatched last night.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just re-watched First Blood for the first time in decades. Lol at the amount of destruction because of some douche-bag small town cops.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just re-watched First Blood for the first time in decades. Lol at the amount of destruction because of some douche-bag small town cops.
Normally they would've just shot him at a routine traffic stop to get home safe at the end of their shift, period!

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
53BCA09B-E22C-4B94-900B-AFB46B64367A.jpeg

Watched for the first time tonight. A real pleasure. Not an all-timer but got the job done well. You can always count on Soderbergh for a good time.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Dig on Netflix. Beautiful movie, great for period attire.
Watched this last night great story and expertly attired both in formal and casual wear. Highly recomended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads