• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
51J5V86vqiL._SY445_.jpg

Caught this over the weekend after not watching it for several years.

Cast? Leo D/Matt D/Martin Sheen/Marky Mark/.....and some old timer named Nicholson.

Nicholson plays a Boston mob boss who rules with an iron hand. A joint task force gets an idea to take him down: plant an undercover officer(Leo D) inside his organization to gather info and help dismantle the crew. Little do they know that Jack also has moles inside the force working for him.

This back and forth(Martin Scorsese directed) gem at times does not get as much fanfare as the usual crime/mob flicks....but it is just as good/better than some of the usual suspects.

4/5.

Jmm722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
51J5V86vqiL._SY445_.jpg

Cast? Leo D/Matt D/Martin Sheen/Marky Mark/.....and some old timer named Nicholson.

Nicholson plays a Boston mob boss who rules with an iron hand. A joint task force gets an idea to take him down: plant an undercover officer(Leo D) inside his organization to gather info and help dismantle the crew. Little do they know that Jack also has moles inside the force working for him.

This back and forth(Martin Scorsese directed) gem at times does not get as much fanfare as the usual crime/mob flicks....but it is just as good/better than some of the usual suspects.

4/5.
Have you watched New World or Infernal Affairs? Internal Affairs is what The Departed is based one. It’s pretty much a remake with a setting change. New World is a similar Korean movie. I prefer New World, but they’re both very good

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Have you watched New World or Infernal Affairs? Internal Affairs is what The Departed is based one. It’s pretty much a remake with a setting change. New World is a similar Korean movie. I prefer New World, but they’re both very good

Gere/Garcia Internal Affairs? Yep...saw that several times.

New World? Never heard of it. Just checked the reviews on IMDB. I see that it is on Youtube. Will def check it out.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
51J5V86vqiL._SY445_.jpg

4/5.

This is an excellent movie. I think you were harsh with only 4/5. You were also silly not to mention Vera Farmiga. I have also seen Infernal Affairs and recall little about it - maybe that's the point since Departed was it's remake... but I generally remember remakes and originals. I will try to watch New World if I can find it.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is an excellent movie. I think you were harsh with only 4/5. You were also silly not to mention Vera Farmiga. I have also seen Infernal Affairs and recall little about it - maybe that's the point since Departed was it's remake... but I generally remember remakes and originals. I will try to watch New World if I can find it.

I was actually going to mention Vera F. I composed the first part of the review, had to take a call and forgot to add her.

I didn't mention Alec B on purpose and didn't mention the guy who played Jack's main guy. Couldn't list the entire cast.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
91RPYFInHqL._SL1500_.jpg

Found a pretty good action/thriller on Netflix.

Jason S is an ex undercover DEA agent who moves with his daughter to a small town after his wife dies. On his last case, he helped put away and kill some members of a biker gang.

At school one day, his daughter has to defend herself against the school bully. The bully's parents(Kate B plays the hick/meth-head mom) want to retaliate....but the husband fails. So Kate B contacts her goon/slime-ball/meth purveyor brother, James F.

James...and his meth lovin'/mini skirt wearing/still not bad in this skanky role...girlfriend(Winona R) get the bright idea to contact the head of the biker gang(who is in jail) and trade Jason's details in exchange for a meth distribution deal.

What could go wrong? Well, if you don't know who you are up against, loads!

Sylvester Stallone wrote and produced this film.

It's a good watch on a chilly Sat in NYC while guzzling some brews. Would recommend!

3.75/5.

Side note: the young actress who plays the daughter, Izabela Vidovic, did a good job!

Side side note: I was walking through JFK several years ago before a flight and saw Kate B coming towards me. She is an attractive woman. A bit thin when you see her in pics...but it was winter time when I saw her and she was sorta bundled up.

Would.
I was bored and watched this last night. Agree on all counts.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These are a few good ones: I’ve got more, but if you’ve got Trader Vic, Don the Beachcomber, Charles Baker (both GC and SAGC, sadly mine are not not unpacked yet) and Beachbum Berry, you’ve got all you really need, although Smuggler‘s Cove is well worth owning too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 17

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Amazon algorithm sent this one my way and it seemed goofy enough to be worth a shot.
91jPr8dOK2L._SL1500_.jpg

Unsurprisingly, it's based on a comic- in a post apocalyptic world, Paul Bettany is a grim vampire killing priest. When his niece is captured by vampires he heads out to the frontier to free her from Karl Urban, the cowboy vampire (yes, really) holding her hostage. Along the way, he picks up a young, generically handsome sheriff and Maggie Q, a sexy vampire killing priestess.

It's totally predictable, but it's moderately entertaining, the world building is well done, and it's visually quite striking. Worth watching if you're not expecting too much.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Amazon algorithm sent this one my way and it seemed goofy enough to be worth a shot.
View attachment 1543164
Unsurprisingly, it's based on a comic- in a post apocalyptic world, Paul Bettany is a grim vampire killing priest. When his niece is captured by vampires he heads out to the frontier to free her from Karl Urban, the cowboy vampire (yes, really) holding her hostage. Along the way, he picks up a young, generically handsome sheriff and Maggie Q, a sexy vampire killing priestess.

It's totally predictable, but it's moderately entertaining, the world building is well done, and it's visually quite striking. Worth watching if you're not expecting too much.

Sounds like gay version of Barbarella, queued

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads