• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BYTBlOTEzZjYtZTlmMC00OTYyLWIyMTAtNzMzZTRhNzU1YzAyL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Amusing find in Prime. Haven't seen the movie in decades and still most of it was memorable.
Brings back memories was an interesting take on the Vampire genre.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the-hummingbird-project-dvd.jpg

I was on a roll with Netflix picks until I selected this today!

Jesse E(businessman hustler) and cousin Alexander S(geeky brains) both work the trading desk/operations at a financial firm run by Salma H.

They have an idea to run high speed cable from Kansas City to NYC which will allow any firm that they sell it to to have an edge, and make serious bucks. They in turn would make millions granting those firms access.

They resign from Salma's firm and head out on their own, with backing, and attempt to build this dream. Along the way the encounter obstacles: state parks/land owners who are hesitant to grant access/an Amish group who wants no part of the money that is offered them.

Along the way, Salma tries to block what they went around her to do.

This was just under 2 hours. Not sure why! Though I didn't fall asleep(started watching at 4pm), I would say that I have no reason to ever revisit this flick.

1.75/5!

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Figurant. it's 15 minutes and very good. You can rent it for a buck

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was it better than the first one? Or Bruno? Can't say I was a fan of either movie, although I loved Ali G show.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the introduction of borat's daughter and making the relationship between her and borat the core of the movie made it feel pretty different than the original for me. Certainly there's a number of classic cohen awkward 1-on-1 interviews/interactions in it where he's the star, but i thought the actress who plays the daughter was exceptional.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for everything, Sean.

View attachment 1487811
Remarkable character actor. Aside from the Bond films of my childhood. Some all time great films.The Name of the Rose. The Hunt for Red October and The Man Who Would be King. Outstanding.
??????????????????

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Belated Halloween flick

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saturday night
Baz Luhrman’s adaption of Rome & Juliet. Still solid viewing after 24 years. It was something of a ground breaker in that it disrupted a prevailing aesthetic in presentation of the bards work.
8EB36C37-CA8F-4EE0-8F93-BF6425CADC21.jpeg

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of my favourite movies comedy, drama and absurdity all rolled into one. Excellent cast and director. A great laugh and an inspiring interpretation of the Grail Myth. Highly Recomended.
D7C362F8-0CB6-466E-9507-EFFEE741AFAF.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads