• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1600315705493.png

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've never seen this. I guess it barely predated my cinephile phase. I think I bucketed it as a 90s teen movie for some reason. Obviously that's totally wrong. On its face it's glossy and romantic. Underneath it's "Breaking Bad" type character study about the evil lurking within. Seems like it's a controversial film. I found it quite compelling.

Perfectly cast. Interesting seeing Cate Blanchett playing a ingenue. Totally different role from what she became known for.

And of course the clothes are fantastic.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
re Talented Mr Ripley holy cow could Anthony Minghella write a script RIP

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1460009

I'm kind of embarrassed that I've never seen this. I guess it barely predated my cinephile phase. I think I bucketed it as a 90s teen movie for some reason. Obviously that's totally wrong. On its face it's glossy and romantic. Underneath it's "Breaking Bad" type character study about the evil lurking within. Seems like it's a controversial film. I found it quite compelling.

Perfectly cast. Interesting seeing Cate Blanchett playing a ingenue. Totally different role from what she became known for.

And of course the clothes are fantastic.
I saw it in the theatre, and I remember thinking I have GOT to get ****** to Italy.
I finally did...

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crow was pretty good though tbh

Sure. I even kinda liked Dark Knight Rises. But Jesus, enough is enough already.

Also, this is the best and most insightful review of Joker there is:

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
highnoon.jpg

Exellent western, shows you who can you depend on when **** hits the fan can't disagree with writers here. Eventhough it's not action packed, it's an amazing classic. 9/10

barwy.jpg

Polish movie about young proffessor who is under the wing of older more cynical collegue. The movie moves and makes you think it's also very well acted. 9/10

You can watch Barwy Ochronne on youtube with English subs in decent quality

Last edited:

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1600486872841.png

I think like 100 people are murdered in this movie, but the most disturbing part is
a ballerina ripping her toenail off

I didn't love the 2nd movie, but this one sold me. It's just kind of ******* ridiculous, but in a totally awesome way. Somehow everyone in the world is a secret assassin, but whatever it's stylish enough that I don't give a ****. (Actually it's kind of refreshing how they don't try to ground it in reality. Like we don't need to waste 30-60 seconds showing John flying from NY to Morocco, or whatever.)

You just have to appreciate how unapologetic this series is about what it is.

(Also, Jesus, looks like the chairman fell on rough times after Iron Chef America.)

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy **** The Devil All the Time is awful. It's one of the worst movies I've seen all year, although maybe not as bad as Scooby-Doo.

Adsky Luck

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bitter Moon by Polansky, same feel as mr ripley in some ways

and boy does Monsieur Polansky know his perversions

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads