• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The movie was a good conceit. I was so bored during it even though I wanted to watch it. (My plan was to buy a ticket watch the start to appreciate the artistry and new technique but give myself an out if bored. Then my mom wanted to see it for her birthday. )
The nonmusical version with Liam Neeson, Uma Thurman, and Geoffrey Rush was much better.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The current French version of Les Misérables is dealing with police corruption, and gang violence in Montfermeil after the French FIFA World Cup win in 2018. It won the Jury Prise at Cannes in 2019 and reviews have been favourable.

Last edited:

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You don’t want to watch Les Misérables with Crowe. He was ******* awful singing.
I want a cage match sing-off...
Crowe's Valjean vs Gerard Butler's Phantom.

Should be shirtless as well, because I think they both have **** now.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a cage match sing-off...
Crowe's Valjean vs Gerard Butler's Phantom.

Should be shirtless as well, because I think they both have **** now.
Emmy Rossum was great in Phantom of the Opera and the first few episodes of Shameless.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rope2.jpg

Caught this the other night on Youtube.

2 boarding school friends kill(strangle) another in their swanky NYC apartment. Why? They are "superior" and murder and the consequences should not apply.

How to cover it up? Host a dinner party that evening and invite the dead dude's parents, his fiance, their boarding school headmaster and a few others....including the dead man.

When he doesn't show....that's their alibi. Oh....the dead body is hidden in the apartment during the dinner.

The group gets together at dinner and questions start to arise. Why hasn't the dead dude arrived? Where is he? WTF is going on?

Mr. Stewart plays the headmaster and....

Well, watch and see.

I enjoyed this. Solid 3.9/5.

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BNDE1MmE4MTktNzU0OS00YjdmLWEyNzYtY2JhNWE4ZWVlYmY5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg

Caught this on Netflix over the wknd. Was just looking for something to watch and this popped up on my "list" and I thought I would give it a shot.

Rachel Leigh Cook is the owner of a small law firm. She is struggling to make ends meet when Damon Wayans Jr's character appears looking for representation.

He wants to sue a dating site which "guarantees love". Problem? DW has been on close to 1000 dates and found nada. Since RLC's firm is struggling to make ends meet and this could be a big payday...she takes the case and figures that the ends will be meeting like a MOFO if they win.

Heather Graham plays the owner of the website. She wants to play hardball and I would be more than happy to be the batter!

What happens as the court case gets closer? Well....this ain't a Hitchcock flick!

This is a romantic/comedy that somewhat delivers as long as you are not expecting anything sensational. RLC is still cute at 40!

I tend to give flicks like this a little more leeway.....

2.75/5.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rope2.jpg

Caught this the other night on Youtube.

2 boarding school friends kill(strangle) another in their swanky NYC apartment. Why? They are "superior" and murder and the consequences should not apply.

How to cover it up? Host a dinner party that evening and invite the dead dude's parents, his fiance, their boarding school headmaster and a few others....including the dead man.

When he doesn't show....that's their alibi. Oh....the dead body is hidden in the apartment during the dinner.

The group gets together at dinner and questions start to arise. Why hasn't the dead dude arrived? Where is he? WTF is going on?

Mr. Stewart plays the headmaster and....

Well, watch and see.

I enjoyed this. Solid 3.9/5.

Really interesting movie, broadly based on Leopold and Loeb. Shot in real time and also went 'missing' for decades as Hitchcock's daughter had the rights and stopped it being screened. Was banned from some cinemas.

oli150194

Reaction score
I recent rewatched the Blade trilogy and forget they are such good movies especially for the time they were made! Wesley Snipes was perfect for the role. I would suggest watching them if you are into that type of movie

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads