• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enjoyed these two films this week.

MV5BYzFlNjgzMDAtNTUwMy00N2I5LWE0MTktYjFkZjhjZDY1YTZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTU5Mzk0NjE@._V1_.jpg

s592

Come on...you gotta give us more than you enjoyed them! Some background. Some plot. Some substance. Something.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Netflix's adaptation of this arrived today:

1594414996682.png

I'm not familiar with the comic and didn't have any high hopes, but (and maybe because of that) it turned out better than expected (crappy music aside). The end sets it up as a franchise starter, because of course it does, but this seems quite unnecessary. Without Charlize Theron this would probably best have been skipped.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on watching that later tonight, good to know it didn't suck. It just popped up as a recommendation, and I thought I'd give it a shot because, y'know, Charlize Theron...

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on watching that later tonight, good to know it didn't suck. It just popped up as a recommendation, and I thought I'd give it a shot because, y'know, Charlize Theron...
Are we talking normal Charlize Theron or Monster version of Charlize?

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Based on the preview, normal Theron.

If you're asking about my personal preference, Furiousa Theron, obviously.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1594420943584.png

Damn, this was good. My wife saw it without me a long time ago, and told me it was good. I probably should have taken her advice and seen it sooner. This is what a reboot should be (in contrast to my recent binge of the Die Hard series). It takes the spirit of the original and updates it for modern times, but doesn't aggressively rely on nostalgia and callbacks.

I almost don't want to see Creed II now because I don't want to be disappointed.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unusual but great Western. I liked the utilization of natural light which gave it even more realism and grit.

res_e82e90818333240bcfc954fac689d42b_full.jpg

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Due to... circumstances, she needs a vaccine as much as she needs an (additional) hole in her head.

(I believe that's supposed to be Charlize's character on that cover, though she obviously doesn't look like that in the movie).

You're of course absolutely right about Two Days in the Valley Theron :slayer:

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ******* love Creed. One of my favorites of the 10s for sure. The training montage with Meek Mill playing and the RVs still gets my blood rushing even on repeated viewing.

Creed II is a decent sequel. Depending on what aspects of Creed appeal to you most, you may or may not like it. I remember the boxing to be much more intense and brutal than in Creed, the characters and performances as good if not better, but the plot and pacing much less consistent. Still very much worth seeing imo.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ******* love Creed. One of my favorites of the 10s for sure. The training montage with Meek Mill playing and the RVs still gets my blood rushing even on repeated viewing.

Creed II is a decent sequel. Depending on what aspects of Creed appeal to you most, you may or may not like it. I remember the boxing to be much more intense and brutal than in Creed, the characters and performances as good if not better, but the plot and pacing much less consistent. Still very much worth seeing imo.
I need to watch that scene every time I know I should go for a run, but don't feel like it.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atomic Blonde Theron was excellent also.

As for The Old Guard, it's solid. Not spectacular, but an enjoyable two hours. The end went where I expected it to, and set up the inevitable The Old Guard 2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics