• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Upside with Kevin Hart and Bryan Cranston. Kevin basically played himself which was entertaining. Movie was decent and is a good way of spending 2 hours if you're bored and can't move anywhere.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
MV5BZWJhOTIwMjEtY2NkOC00ZDUyLTg0ZDgtZTM5OTI3YjViYTNmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Posting this here because I can't find the documentary thread. A very good flick!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1*bEcxCYgPReLy2CxL-OIGsw.jpeg

Someone PLEASE tell me how to get back almost 2 hours of my life.

What can I say? How can I describe this Netflix movie?

Anne Hathaway plays a journalist who starts investigating a CIA/Contras connection. Somehow, her father is involved. Somehow she agrees to make a final drop for her father and pick up his payment.

That I know.

The rest of the movie is pure trash. Anne smokes her way through this performance. Nothing is resolved, IMO. No excitement. No engaging story. Nada.

I read that this was based on a book by Joan Didion.

0/5.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oh no... that’s disappointing.

I was also racking my brain trying to ID the novel.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i walk away from quite a lot of movies, even stuff i pay for (theaters and rentals).

i find it to be a reliable rating system as from time to time i will come back and finish if i've been thinking about what i watched (this happened with Destroyer the other day). if not well i've capped my time spent.

'Destroyer'. Nicole Kidman plays an unbelievably washed up cop, a cross between Harry Callahan and Aileen Wuornos. or maybe Rocky Dennis and Regan MacNeil? she is so distractingly spent and it doesn't help that every other character is constantly pointing it out in the script.

Anyways, she has apparently been consumed by an event from her past, that she is willing to crawl through the bodies to reconcile. Legit, well-made but not groundbreaking. 2.5 out of 4 earless cats.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anne Hathaway plays a journalist who starts investigating a CIA/Contras connection. Somehow, her father is involved. Somehow she agrees to make a final drop for her father and pick up his payment.

That I know.

The rest of the movie is pure trash. Anne smokes her way through this performance. Nothing is resolved, IMO. No excitement. No engaging story. Nada.

0/5.
No kidding. I tried last night too...just horrible through 20-30 minutes before I switched off. Horrible on all counts.

I'll see your 0/5 and go -0.125/5 just to reinforce the disappointment.

Didion, really? Wow.

Edit: Didion, indeed. Too bad for any book to be so badly adapted..

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1582601330168.jpeg

#95 PIRANHA (1978)

Surprise! One of the most talked-about movies of the 80s is actually from the 70s. Piranha. That’s just a cool name, right up there with other cool things with one name: bangs; DeLoreans; quicksand. This one was mostly viewed at the dawn of cable television, late at night, in snatches, through tired, half-closed eyes or flashing between the frantic knees of a mother scrambling to turn it off. Unfortunately that worry was for nothing. Piranhas are cool, but this movie bites. Hard. It can’t shake off that dull 70s cheesiness always cast in a pervasive brown. It’s terrible to look at. There’s also not much terror in something so easily avoided. (Just don’t go in the water, you noobs...). The monsters are all rubber handheld tomfuckery.

Another legend dispelled.

Early Me: I *will* see this when I’m older!
Current Me: :facepalm:

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That I know.

0/5.

This is why you should always keep a stash of roofies.

4x01_Flight_of_the_Phoenix_(030).png

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That I know.

0/5.
Less than zero

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
bc490d8beabf91741e2c4f595f852517.jpg

I caught this sometime last week.

Mr Chan basically plays Liam Neeson in Taken, Taken 2 & Taken 3.

Chan's character suffers a loss and he is out for revenge. Little does the opposition know that he isn't just a humble businessman, but that he possesses a particular set of skills...skills that he acquired over a very long career!

You know what happens next!

Nothing special. At all.

Pushing a 2/5 only because I don't remember much about the flick.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No kidding. I tried last night too...just horrible through 20-30 minutes before I switched off. Horrible on all counts.

I'll see your 0/5 and go -0.125/5 just to reinforce the disappointment.

Didion, really? Wow.

Edit: Didion, indeed. Too bad for any book to be so badly adapted..

I kept going as I thought it would pick up. Plus, I knew that I would not sit through the first part again and wanted to clear it off of my list. Really bad flick.

Netflix is throwing $ around and bringing stars over to make homegrown flicks. They need more quality vs quantity.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish I did roofies. Even the brews that I was drinking didn't help that flick.

What sucks is that I now kinda want to watch and be completely repulsed that it was ever made. ******* masochism.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads