• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sat through a bunch of movies lately, including:

- Dior and I (solid doc, i thought it would be more about Simons' design process but it was rewarding to see the couture workers at their routines)
- The Cabin in the Woods (the office banter is terrific, so is the stoner/fool/author commentary, great lovecraftian ending)
- mostly rewatched Eyes Wide Shut (the scenes with the couple are somehow off-putting (overly long shots, seems like Kidman gets somehow misused? but the movie gets better once cruise starts his adventures) I turned it off after he comes home...

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- The Cabin in the Woods (the office banter is terrific, so is the stoner/fool/author commentary, great lovecraftian ending)

I saw that the minute it came out, and again last night. I didn’t like it as much as I wanted to. There’s just so little left to deconstruct with the horror genre anymore.

I thought the corporate bits were the most engaging — no coincidence, as that’s where they concentrated all the powerhouse actors. The leads, by contrast, were just so bland, and the stoner guy from Dollhouse just had too much of a leftover TV aesthetic for me.

The biggest surprise was probably the *******. It’s Joss Whedon! He cultivates a very specific image. Even in the context of horror conventions, it felt exploitive, and I couldn’t quite wrap my head around it.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
birds-of-prey.jpg

Birds of Prey.

I mostly enjoyed it, but unless you're really interested, no reason to run out and see it. Worth watching when it comes to HBO/streaming. It felt like a teen-targeted movie with an R-rating (maybe why it bombed?). I have a comic book nerd friend who loved it and compared it to Deadpool, but I think it falls way short. The humor doesn't always land. Definitely stay home if you don't like "girl power" themes.
pretty sure it bombed mainly because incels couldn't masturbate to it.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
- mostly rewatched Eyes Wide Shut (the scenes with the couple are somehow off-putting (overly long shots, seems like Kidman gets somehow misused? but the movie gets better once cruise starts his adventures) I turned it off after he comes home...

I've had this for years but never been motivated to watch it. Whenever I'm in a Kubrick mood I either go for The Shining or, more often, Barry Lyndon.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had this for years but never been motivated to watch it. Whenever I'm in a Kubrick mood I either go for The Shining or, more often, Barry Lyndon.

I’ve watched it, I think it was a pretty decent movie. I love Kubrick. I think I only missed 1 or 2 of his early movies. One truly bad I think was Lolita because, making Lolita movie in 60s was impossible.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Rocketman was a very solid 4 or 4.5

Out of 10. Improperly contextualized songs couldn't decide if it was going to be a musical or just a way to have some dance tableaux in the last third. Good acting good singing nice pitcure and decent start, however.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1581817817382.jpeg

#99 HOUSE PARTY II (1991)

It’s a pajama jammy-jaaaaaaaam!!!!

The fly horny duo known as Kid ‘N’ Play is at it again, called upon to throw a dope party because reasons. Soon, a Queen named Latifah, a model named Iman, and a woman whose ass I’m not allowed to look at are in the mix. Songs are sung, and jams are busted. But this time out, the duo’s homosocial shenanigans arrive with a strong dose of gay panic, one that comes to a head when The One With The Hair lands himself in jail. Terrified of becoming emasculated, he raps:

Yo — this is a no-go.
I’mma call the CO!
Me a ****?
Nah, man. That’s a no no...

I’m speakin’ from the heart,
from the center.
The sign on ****** says,
Do not enter!

The rest is about the good time one would expect.

Early Me: “It’s a pajama jammy-jaaaaaaam!!!!”

Current Me: “It’s a pajama jammy-jaaaaaaam!!!!”

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I followed up yesterday's Kantemir Balagov film with this today.

p15234244_p_v8_ab.jpg

Another great film dealing with trauma and sacrifice. I hadn't heard about this director until a couple of days ago, but damn she is very good.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I followed up yesterday's Kantemir Balagov film with this today.

View attachment 1338056
Another great film dealing with trauma and sacrifice. I hadn't heard about this director until a couple of days ago, but damn she is very good.

Lmao broads can't entertain men

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads