• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MV5BZThiZjAzZjgtNDU3MC00YThhLThjYWUtZGRkYjc2ZWZlOTVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_SY1000_CR...jpg

Very good movie, however overly predictable if you have watched (A fistful of dollars) which is western reprise of this movie. It's kind of interesting that some of the best westerns were influnced by storylines and style of Kurosawa. Shame I didn't watch these in reverse order but still very much worth viewing.8/10

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched The Rundown last night on a whim. Dwayne Johnson back when he still had hair and was getting billed as The Rock, Sean William Scott bulked up and slightly more serious than his Stiffler days, Rosario Dawson looking smoking hot, Christopher Walken doing his usual Christopher Walken thing, and all directed smoothly by Peter Berg.

It's not a good movie, but it's entertaining without requiring much thought. Everyone knows what they're there to do and they do it competently. Would recommend, though not emphatically.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Extra credit for our resident Gender Studies YouTube PhDs:

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys know you’re on the internet, right? You can see Kate Beckinsale naked, and for free! No terrible movies required.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys know you’re on the internet, right? You can see Kate Beckinsale naked, and for free! No terrible movies required.
And just who the heck are you?
Pete Davidson's frustrated second cousin???

:hide:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6 Underground was a trip. Last set piece with magnets was interesting enough, but otherwise the movie was hot flaming garbage with horrific politics. I thought the opening sequence would give me a seizure.

The Rock is Bay's best movie imo. Bad Boys is fun too.

Irishman and Parasite are probably my two favorite films of the year. I find the sensibility of Irishman to be really enjoyable, and have rewatched multiple sections at this point. And the last 35 minutes are devestating. I'm glad Director Bong is getting some traction in America and doing the media circuit, I hope Parasite gets some awards. Haven't seen OUATIH again yet but still want to...the ranch scene and the Leo "LINE" scene are two scenes that have stuck with me.

D81DF8ED-DBE6-404F-B648-EF847CABD1AF.jpeg

Atlantics, 4/5 went in knowing nothing other than that it has received general praise and found it to be tender, delicate, moving, patient, and a little spooky too!

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That’s weird. Why’d they take the title of a David Foster Wallace biography for the tag line?

(I guess technically it was a Wallace quote from an unpublished letter, but still...)

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Just trying to save Clouseau several hours of heartbreak.
I look sometimes at her IG and my heart is often broken (especially when she poses with a man i suspect to be her husband)….

@wojt this one is Yojimbo, there is another one called Sanjuro (also directed by Kurosawa) that inspired 'For a few dollars more' IIRC… And there is also 'The hidden fortress' that inspired… Star Wars !

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I look sometimes at her IG and my heart is often broken (especially when she poses with a man i suspect to be her husband)….

@wojt this one is Yojimbo, there is another one called Sanjuro (also directed by Kurosawa) that inspired 'For a few dollars more' IIRC… And there is also 'The hidden fortress' that inspired… Star Wars !

Let's not forget 7 samurai which inspired the magnificent 7, another great western. It's sort of funny best westerns(meaning Leone ones) were inspired by Japanese, made by Italians and filmed in Spain :laugh: Though my personal favorite of Kurosawa so far(have not seen all his movies) is Ran, which itself inspired by Shakespeare.

Clouseau

Inspector
Reaction score
Let's not forget 7 samurai which inspired the magnificent 7. Though my personal favorite is Ran, which itself inspired by Shakespeare.
That goes without saying !

Acrually Kurosawa was a fantastic director, one of the best of the 20th century.

Ran was good, but speaking of his last movies, i prefer Kagemusha.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone who said "The Irishman" was boring was wrong. It was dense and long sure. And as I said, like almost every other Scorsese movie. But man was the acting excellent and when viewed as a swansong for all involved it was even more poignant.

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who said "The Irishman" was boring was wrong. It was dense and long sure. And as I said, like almost every other Scorsese movie. But man was the acting excellent and when viewed as a swansong for all involved it was even more poignant.

How much you getting to push this propaganda?

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much you getting to push this propaganda?
One year's worth of free "All You Can Eat Friday Nights" at the Georgia State University (aka "The Harvard of 33 Gilmer St SE, Atlanta, GA 30303") student cafeteria?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads