1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. lefty

lefty Senior member

Thief is a cool flick.

You have interesting tastes, bm.

lefty

2. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Thanks lefty. As I watch more films though, I know that means I'm eventually going to find fewer films I want to watch. If that happens, I don't know what I'll do. It's a troubling thought.

3. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Cliffhanger is awesome. It did the opening to Dark Knight Rises 15 years beforehand. Also I always had a thing for that chick who was in that Alaskan show. The show was shit, but she was hot in both.

4. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

So the new batman vs superman plot Is basically irrelevant. 15-30! Mins squawking over their two powers and we got nowhere

5. Journeyman

Journeyman Senior member

Janine Turner, from "Northern Exposure"? Yep, she was very nice.

1 person likes this.
  6. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

Great video essay on Snowpiercer.
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

[​IMG]

This is such a brilliant film with such a twist at the end been years since i've seen it but still entertaining with such a great cast and story. No hesitation 5/5

5 people like this.
  8. JFST

JFST Senior member

Been a while but never stopped watching movies, lot's of garbage and uninteresting movies but a couple of good ones (full disclosure on my filmaffinity user page, basically is a web where you rate movies and check what you're friends are watching):
    [​IMG]
    The garden of earthly delights by Lech Majewski 9/10. Beautiful and touching story with Venice as background, very good acting and very interesting if you're an art lover.
    [​IMG]
    Youth by Paolo Sorrentino 7/10. Good movie with good acting but less impressive than his previous movie, harvey keitel has aged very well (#jelly)
    [​IMG]
    Swingers by Doug Liman 6/10, nice comedy.
    [​IMG]
    Spectre by Sam Mendes, saw this on the theater which made the experience more enjoyable, 6/10, on par with other Bond movies starring Daniel Craig. This one is more enjoyable because of my huge crush with Lea Seydoux since I saw her on Blue is the warmest color (10/10).
    [​IMG]
    Bob the Gambler by Melville, solid flick about a down on the luck robber, Roger Duchesne acting is very good and his dandy looks...7/10.
    [​IMG]
    Vengance is mine by Imamura 7/10. Good flick by a fine filmmaker although Imamura is a kinda of Hit or miss (at least my experience).
    [​IMG]
    Sicario by Dennis Villeneuve, saw this on theater too, I did like it...7/10, perhaps this combined with Narcos (the netflix series) and the book Cartel by Don Wislow has kept the fond memory of the movie, anyway Villeneuve is at the moment my favorite Canadian filmmaker (position previously held by Deny Arcand).

2 people like this.
  9. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Which film version of Les Miserables is the best?

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

the Russell Crowe/ Hathaway was good I thought. But it's nothing like watching it live. A few years ago I grabbed a last minute ticket at the queens theatre in London. Story and performance along with live music was breathtaking; was moved to tears. Glad I got to experience it in a theatre before watching the film.

The film is good but it didn't move me

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  11. Harold falcon

The one with Liam Neeson.

12. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

[​IMG]
    Watched this a few weeks ago. Very good. Also very bleak as it reminded me of Gomorrah

[​IMG]
    Watched this Saturday. I thought it was very good. Still a little confused with the ending.

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I know I watched that not too long ago but it's completely escaping me atm.

Watched Thief and The Night of the Generals … good recs fellas. :nodding:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  14. Boyd

Boyd Senior member

The best offer looks good, would you guys recommend other 2015 movies?

15. Boyd

Boyd Senior member

I was watching some Luis Bunuel old movies, great stuff

1 person likes this.
  16. whiskeyshoe92

whiskeyshoe92 Member

Finally got to The Departed other day! movie was great. can't believe it took me this long to finally have a chance.

17. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

Watched 2 great films I liked recently.

[​IMG]

A young to-be engaged couple is split apart when the man goes off to war. Focus is mostly off the battlefield on their families and the woman who is at home.

[​IMG]

We see the daily conflicts and existential search for purpose in each individual in a middle class Taipei family. It's approximately 3 hours, but along with Lawrence of Arabia probably the only 3 hour flick I really enjoyed (have a few others to watch though).

1 person likes this.
  18. double00

double00 Senior member

A few years ago somebody bought me Ronin and I wasn't really sure what to think, I'm not a big fan of heist movies unless it's noir.

But that is one badass flick. Great cast with deniro and pryce and Sean bean, etc. Plot feels truly desperate. Car chases are I think the best I've seen.

1 person likes this.
  19. Harold falcon

I love Ronin. It's a perfect film. The best Mamet script not directed by Mamet. Frankenheimer was a real badass making that one.

I don't know if it's on the Blu-Ray but Frankenheimer's commentary on the DVD is fucking fantastic.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  20. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ Still haven't seen Ronin. Still have an aversion to it from childhood when some mean spirited kid called me Ronin instead of my actual name.

Bitch!!!

Always loved this film. Always thought it was better than the reviews/ratings

[​IMG]