• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

wizzeak

Reaction score
Recently:

Old Joy. This was really good.

Blow Out. Really good as well.

And a couple of Wong Kar Wai movies:

I feel like I'd have to re-watch these... I don't know why but I had a hard time following them.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And a couple of Wong Kar Wai movies:

I feel like I'd have to re-watch these... I don't know why but I had a hard time following them.

I feel the same way about In the Mood for Love. I feel compelled to re-watch it again as I feel like I didn't watch it correctly the 1st time.

And for those of you that have watched Man Hunt or Stagecoach, is it just me or do you think that Walter Pidgeon could pass for Clive Owen and John Wayne Mel Gibson?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bad Words - Awesome. Even better than I was hoping. Jason Bateman is hilarious and the combo with the little kid was perfect.

Also re-watched The Bourne Trilogy with my brother over vacation. Still love it. Matt Damon was so young.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Snowpiercer. Well worth the watch, particularity if you like the genre (post-apocalyptic malarkey).

wizzeak

Reaction score

Bad Words - Awesome. Even better than I was hoping. Jason Bateman is hilarious and the combo with the little kid was perfect.

Also re-watched The Bourne Trilogy with my brother over vacation. Still love it. Matt Damon was so young.

I have a funny story about watching the Bourne Trilogy... I never actually saw the second one. Watched the first one on TV, then tried to get a hold of The Bourne Supremacy. I did - except it was mislabelled and ended up being The Bourne Ultimatum. I had a feeling something was off right at the beginning but I also never expected to be watching the wrong movie. Figured they just skipped a ton of stuff and crammed it in a ****** flashback. Somehow I managed to watch the entire thing without ever realizing. It wasn't until I tried watching "The Bourne Ultimatum" (aka The Bourne Supremacy), that it all came together. Got kind of pissed and didn't even bother to watch it. Still haven't :)

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
byzantium_xlg.jpg

Gemma Arterton is so hot

Last edited:

lbdash

Reaction score
Just saw 22 Jump Street. Got a good laugh throughout the movie.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies...

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You yell barracuda. Everyone goes "what? Huh?" You yell shark... We've got a panic on our hands on the Fourth of July.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some of my choices:

-Argo
-12 Years a Slave
-Moneyball
-The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (this was excellent! when's the next one??)
-Bridesmaids

-Flight (enjoyed it)
-Zero Dark Thirty (interesting)

-Dallas Buyers Club (Jared Leto was excellent, I believed her)
-Inside Llewyn Davis(still not sure how I feel about this flick)

I watched everything on this list prior and recently saw Argo, which I enjoyed.

Do not have a chance to view Bridesmaids or Inside Llewyn Davis.

Just rewatched Godzilla today, I still thought it was as good though you really have to watch this once in the theatre.

Anymore recs from 2011 to 2013? Feel like I'm playing catch up.

pterhx

Reaction score
Had a 6 hour flight from NYC to SF. Thank god for entertainment systems.

I watched:
Her
Chef
The Wolverine

Her was surprisingly enjoyable in many ways. Its offbeat humor and drama kept me entertained through the movie. The colors of the film were stunning.

Chef is food Appreciation, with some comedy sprinkled throughout. Both the plot and characters were simplistic, but hey, it's a comedy.

The Wolverine was the weakest of the group. The plot was trying to hard and filled with unbelievable characters.

rossoz

Reaction score
I watched everything on this list prior and recently saw Argo, which I enjoyed.

Do not have a chance to view Bridesmaids or Inside Llewyn Davis.

Just rewatched Godzilla today, I still thought it was as good though you really have to watch this once in the theatre.

Anymore recs from 2011 to 2013? Feel like I'm playing catch up.

The Swedish version trilogy of The Girl With.... is also good.

Cheers,

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads