1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Senior member

Cable last night

[​IMG]

Last time I went on a Marx Brother's binge was at the turn of the century. Total anarchic comedy and holy mother Chico and Harpo their musical ability. In particular Harpo doing Blue Moon, incredible. A fantastic comedy that stands the test of time. 5/5

Tonight their playing Go West which is my favourite Marx Brothers film.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
    2 people like this.
  2. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

[​IMG]

Am on the Marx Bros binge as well. Haven't watched them in a long, long time.

Chuckling away on the couch, their one liners are like being slapped on the back by an old friend.

The best part is watching the 14 year old in hysterics.

2 people like this.
  3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

aww shucks, well, you see, ive already kind of, you know, watched the "shitty" version that i happened to enjoy. and plus i enjoy jeff bridges and this may be the first sandra bullock film i enjoyed in part because she ended up disappearing for most of the film

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i like heavy thanks got this in the queue

1 person likes this.
  5. rossoz

rossoz Senior member

GP in westerns has never worked for me. I don't know why.

Cheers,

6. Geoffrey Firmin

My son was 7 when he first saw them thought they were crazy then his Grandma turned him on to Chaplin and Keaton.

7. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Senior member

I knew he'd love them. Had been meaning to show them at home. Think you need to be old enough to hear the quips and digest them among the slapstick.

8. Geoffrey Firmin

Interesting how the 'risqué sexual ones' are tempered by the times. Go West which is on tonight has to be one of my favourite comedy films, cracks me up every time and also last night taped this.

[​IMG]

Only seen it once thirty years ago at a University party was so.......!

Very very warped film.

1 person likes this.
  9. lefty

lefty Senior member

Give it a year or two to forget the POS you just watched, then watch the original. It will stick with you forever.

lefty

10. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

Ak is a guilty pleasure of mine. I also saw man from earth when I was a junior in college and remember being completely enthralled in the premise of it. Was super into low budget and indie flicks back then

1 person likes this.
  11. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

Me too in the right situations. It's a great film. I never read too much info beforehand or watch trailers… just enough critique to know if I'll want to check it out. I think I googled "little known cool movies" and found this on someone's recommended list. Enjoy! ;)

Yeah nothing against low budgets … but some of the "acting", if you can call it that, is painful. Interesting crypto-zoology, crypto-antropology (whatever it is) idea however. From the
    little I read going in I think I expected something more like What The Bleep… though. It wasn't, but I still enjoyed the thoughts it got going.

12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG]

A comedy with Peter Sellers playing the character of a basic man, so basic and simple minded that some mistake him for genius. I felt like the shtick got old but the movie has its moments for introspection and laughter. Also, Shirley MacLaine is as lovely and cute as she was In the apartment 35 years earlier. Perhaps she is the most charming leading lady I've ever had the pleasure of watching on screen

2 people like this.
  13. Geoffrey Firmin

I knew Shirley MacLaine in Atlantis and I didn't like her then.

It is a great film.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Is this the black and white? Entertainment value at 100%! It's been about 5 years I think I'm ready for another

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  15. Geoffrey Firmin

Indeed it is, couldn't really imagine it in colour to be honest.

16. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

What i forgot was that the "freaks" werent necassarily actors but real life people with a "deformity", living together in a community while they work at a freak show circus. Strange coincidence was listening to a Ricky gervais podcast from 2003 and Karl wasn't impressed with the film because the freaks weren't freaky enough for him

17. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

Prince Randian was the most amazing human being who ever lived.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Despite being a human torso he still had 5 more kids than Conne will ever have.

18. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

[​IMG]

Remedying that I'd never actually seen this (aka The Celebration) in its entirety. Never really been a fan of the Dogme films, but I found I liked this better than expected. 4/5

1 person likes this.
  19. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Any good movies playing now? After watching Interstellar I don't feel like watching the Martian.

20. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

^ I plan on seeing Sicario, but don't really know anything about it (and I'll will be staying away from reviews until I have...).