• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night, and delightfully at the Castro Theater. Best Wes Anderson movie ever, in my opinion. Perfectly quirky with lots of dark humor done in his quirky way.

I just watched this last night as well. I enjoyed it greatly, however I thought it would have benefit from a slightly longer ending.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched edge of tomorrow. like a new age groundhogs day with aliens and killing. not a bad watch at all.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Budapest Hotel last night , cute but not as good as I would expect. Best character was William Defoe and his pursuits. Probably will never watch again.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit last night. I wanted to hate it but it was actually decent. It's no Red October but it's better than Clear and Present.

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit last night. I wanted to hate it but it was actually decent. It's no Red October but it's better than Clear and Present.

I've had it on my computer a few weeks and been meaning to watch it. Is it better than patriot games ?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a fun watch, thats all id give it. nothing to go down on the history books.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

---

finished 2013 gatsby last night. did not particularly like it. but then again, i dont like the story to begin with.

For someone who likes the book or wants a different perspective, there's an awesome Crash Course mini-lecture by John Green on why it's awesome on youtube. I'm on my phone or would link.

xmen1.jpg

Helps pay my salary so see it!

Kaplan, you need to throw some Logan's Run, Omega Man and Rollerball into that mix.

lefty

Loved Rollerball as a kid. Have not seen it since.

Decent airplane watching.

On the Wes Anderson front, there's an awesome spoof out there (apologies again for no link) of Forrest Gump as done by Wes Anderson. Funny stuff.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For someone who likes the book or wants a different perspective, there's an awesome Crash Course mini-lecture by John Green on why it's awesome on youtube. I'm on my phone or would link.

its just a crappy horrible sad story about humanity at its worst. :(

Helps pay my salary so see it!

that what they call a win win!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watch a train wreck gif for 90 minutes. That sums it up.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads