• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree that it did run a bit long, [COLOR=FF00AA]but the crawling to the car on ludes was one of the best scenes.
[/COLOR]

A70-469

Really? I feel that was none of the worst scenes....

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really did find it highly entertaining, and I remember thinking at the time that it was some pretty impressive physical comedy on Leo's behalf. Different strokes and all that.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got around to watching this today.
It was ok. I really don't see how some people raved about re this flick.

First..it was 3hrs! What's up with that especially with so many stupid parts:
Boat disaster scene/him trying to get up and drive when he leaves the country club!

The movie include scenes like that ^^ that took up a full 10-15 minutes.

I just don;t see what the fuss was about.

I met say that Ms Robbie looked good throughout the flick:

I agree that some scenes should`ve been cut shorter, but this is best comedy I`ve seen in years. Dicaprio is a better comedic actor than son many others have been for a while.
I remember how sarcastic he was about getting a GoldenGlobe in the music/comedy category, but it totally makes sense. This movie was quite fun.

wizzeak

Reaction score
Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel.

probably my fav Wes Anderson movie out of the four or so I've seen. every shot looked pretty dam nice.

and thoughts on edge of tomorrow? I honestly thought the trailer looked absolutely ridiculous but it's been getting really good reviews.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I watched Harlem Nights for the 542nd time and was still in tears the entire movie

0.jpg

0.jpg

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Kaplan, you need to throw some Logan's Run, Omega Man and Rollerball into that mix.

lefty

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I did catch Logan's Run not too long ago, but I haven't seen Rollerball for decades. Even though it's been on my list for some time, I have yet to come across Omega Man. These last two were conveniently available on HBO Nordic; and 2001, that started this run, came even more conveniently from my cupboard :)

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Saw The Grand Budapest Hotel.

probably my fav Wes Anderson movie out of the four or so I've seen. every shot looked pretty dam nice.

and thoughts on edge of tomorrow? I honestly thought the trailer looked absolutely ridiculous but it's been getting really good reviews.

I agree looks ridiculous, ground hog day meets independence day. I wont see it in theaters but will catch it in 14 months when it hits HBO.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rewatched the director's cuts of these two:

protectedimage.php
3916407xtzlt.jpg

Both are good examples of the rare case where a flawed cinema release is greatly enhanced by a DC with significantly added run time (30 & 45 minutes, respectively).

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Saw Edge of Tomorrow. Decent action movie with some funny moments, but the last minute is just pathetic. Hollywood has no balls.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fast forwarded through Godzilla 108 minute snore-fest. You guys, who liked that movie are on my 'No fly list'.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Fast forwarded through Godzilla 108 minute snore-fest. You guys, who liked that movie are on my 'No fly list'.

There's a new Transformers movie coming out you might like.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Watched The Grand Budapest Hotel last night, and delightfully at the Castro Theater. Best Wes Anderson movie ever, in my opinion. Perfectly quirky with lots of dark humor done in his quirky way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads