1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I think it's when they're on the bus. Here:

2. ter1413

ter1413 Stylish Dinosaur

Just watched "Leaving" with Kristin Scott Thomas. Not a bad flick.

3. Patrick James

Patrick James Senior Member

I think it's when they're on the bus.

Here:

That was my next guess.

4. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Got this from the RedBox.

[​IMG]

5. Sesame Seed

Sesame Seed Senior Member

[​IMG]

Svankmajer's "˜Surviving Life'. The entire film is a fusion of cutout animation and live-action. It's a melange of Freudian and Jungian theories. It's his most surreal film. My favourite is still "˜Lunacy'.

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Distinguished Member

Last night I watched Salt and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

The former was an unmitigated disaster. The later was surprisingly very good and I would recommend to most people.

7. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

[​IMG]

Svankmajer's "˜Surviving Life'. The entire film is a fusion of cutout animation and live-action. It's a melange of Freudian and Jungian theories. It's his most surreal film. My favourite is still "˜Lunacy'.

I haven't seen Surviving Life or Lunacy, but 'Faust' is absolutely brilliant.

8. idfnl

idfnl Stylish Dinosaur

Watched Glengarry Glen Ross last night. Hadn't seen it since it was in theaters. Great movie.

"Coffees for closers only" - one of the greatest lines ever

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

9. imatlas

imatlas Distinguished Member

Watched Glengarry Glen Ross last night. Hadn't seen it since it was in theaters. Great movie.

"Coffees for closers only" - one of the greatest lines ever

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

At work we quote that movie constantly, and have the movie poster hanging on the wall (along with Big Kahuna, Cadillac Man, and another dozen movies with a sales theme).

10. munchausen

munchausen Distinguished Member

Last night I watched Salt and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

The former was an unmitigated disaster. The later was surprisingly very good and I would recommend to most people.

I should hate Scott Pilgrim due to my general distaste for twee, but yeah, it was entertaining. It has a very 1990's throwback feel to it, both in the obvious way (the references) but also in the sensibility.

11. nakokoro

nakokoro Well-Known Member

just watched Exit Through the Giftshop by Banksy. pretty interesting storyline

12. Gordon Gekko

Gordon Gekko Senior Member

Motherfucking Wall Street!

13. SladeDT

SladeDT Senior Member

The Man From Nowhere. Good revenge movie.

14. Prince

Prince Senior Member

Yesterday I wachted RocknRolla (2nd time), Die Fremde (or When we Leave) and Winter's Bone.

Die Fremde/When we leave is easily the best movie I've seen in 2011 and in a long while before 2011. Absolutely hardcore, raw and emotional. It's about a Turkish woman in Germany who has 'dishonoured' her family. If you can get your hands on it, watch it; powerful stuff.

15. xchen

xchen Distinguished Member

Gangs of New York

mostly watching shows these days.