1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ray Winstone, not really a fan, movie was great though and he's good in both movies ^^^.

Seen every movie with a Nick Cave / Warren Ellis scored soundtrack, just looking for something slightly similar.

Also any British capers would be nice, but I've seen most of them as well :eh:

2. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

The Long Good Friday?

3. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah seen it, Helen Mirren was in that one right?

4. Lord-Barrington

Lord-Barrington Senior member

Yes, with a cameo by a very young Pierce Brosnan as well.

5. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

^verdict on both/either?

7. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Senior member

The Bank Job with Jason Statham isn't bad.

I saw J Edgar a few weeks back and thought Leo did a credible job with Hoover. Don't expect a tour de force and you will be satisfied.

8. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

Saffron Burrows, so yummy!

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Enjoyable movie. Saffron Burrows not so enjoyable IMO. She didn't seem to fit in the movie.

10. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Watched The Adjustment Bureau last night. Fun movie. Emily Blunt isn't a stunner but damn I wanted her in that movie.

11. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

on the flight over i watched something, can't remember what. may have just been a bunch of Curb Your Enthusiasm episodes.

on the way back--National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. probably the second "worst" of the NL vacations but Chevy Chase is still funny as shit. The santa cartoon at the start is excellent.

Colombiana--was overall kinda dumb but the action scenes were thrilling enough. Stopped watching though when she went after the drug kingpin. Why were here Chicago-based parents killed? A little upsetting because I really wanted to see it.

Contagion--yeah, probably not the best thing to show on a plane for most people I'd imagine. I really really liked it.Was still a little spooked by it when I went to sleep last night. Two things, I had to go wash my hands a few times in the movie (paranoia set in) I missed how they figured out matt damon's whore wife was the first person infected, and what was with that WHO official walking out of the airport when she found out those were placebos for the village? Movie could have done without two of the story lines IMO.

12. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I thought that^^ sucked. EB is a looker!!

Just saw The Devil's Double. Not bad.

13. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Also watched The Ledge. Also ok.

14. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

Seven Days, the Canadian one. Slow paced and generally sucky.

15. gort

gort Senior member

Watched Brothers with Toby McGuire and Jake Gnotattempingtospell. Pretty good movie, although I felt the ads for it seemed a little misleading, in terms of the largest piece of the story.

16. stevent

stevent Senior member

Was a bit disappointed with the Devil's Double. I was entertained but it was missing something. And Ludivine Sagnier didn't need to wear that wig the whole time...

17. farahnaz783

farahnaz783 New Member

i have seen some interesting movies this year like Raw one, wanted etc

18. blackstone

blackstone Well-Known Member

home alone - classic!

19. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I saw Mission Impossible 4 at the IMAX. It's an incredibly dumb movie and the plot is mind-boggingly stupid. BUT, the action sequence on the Burj Tower is pretty fucking amazing, at least on the IMAX screen. It's worth watching just for that. There's also one early break-in at the Kremlin that features a slow sneak down a hallway that didn't make me feel dumber just for being in the theater. The rest of it was garbage, but what can you do?

20. Biggskip

Biggskip Senior member

The wife and I went to see The Descendants on Saturday. It was pretty similar to any other AP movie, which is to say highly enjoyable. It will also probably get better with age.