• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
watched the master. absolutely beautifully shot, top notch performances by phoenix, hoffman and adams. the story was interesting, and kept it from feeling to slow, but i did not enjoy the ending, or lack thereof.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tree of Life- what a load of crap. If this was some young director's first film, people would be dismissing it as some dork documenting his first acid trip. I like Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line but holy crap I can't believe people are falling for this.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

By the way, Spanish Prisoner is a really good film.

One of my favorites. In fact I like all of Mamet's stuff, even "State and Main" and his essays. There are two I haven't liked, one was in the Criterion Collection and it had the worst plot ever. It was something to do with some Zionist group in the U.S. plotting something...or something. Heist was the other.

Was it during the filming of along came polly? The basketball scene is one of my favorites in a comedy film.

Nope was outside the theater following a performance of "Long Day's Journey Into Night." It is, needless to say, a long story.

The one-liners are great.

Yep, definitely one of the key reasons to watch any thriller/action flick.

The best is in "Commando": "You'll have to excuse my friend, he's dead tired."

Arnold had just beaten dude to death

So I watched "Christ Stopped at Eboli" on Friday, wow that was good.

Then I watched "Life of Brian" on Sunday. It was pretty awesome. "Actually I'm here for freedom--no I'm just pulling your leg, I'm here for a crucifixion!"

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just started insidious. Haven't finished the openiing credits and I'm. Unsureif ill make it through in one go. Havve to watch during daylight too

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I liked Insidious, wasn't bad. Dunno about a sequel though.

Still though...for new horror, I'm loving V/H/S, friggin badass.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Blue Velvet is the best David Lynch movie. No contest.

Blue Velvet is in my top 5 favorite movies ever.....I feel ashamed to say I haven't seen Twin Peaks yet. People tend to flip out when I let that slip after going on about how much I loved BV.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Tree of Life- what a load of crap. If this was some young director's first film, people would be dismissing it as some dork documenting his first acid trip. I like Days of Heaven and Thin Red Line but holy crap I can't believe people are falling for this.

The thin red line is a vastly underrated movie to watch stoned. Or at least thats how the 1999 version of me remembers it.

watched the master. absolutely beautifully shot, top notch performances by phoenix, hoffman and adams. the story was interesting, and kept it from feeling to slow, but i did not enjoy the ending, or lack thereof.

warning spoilers:

I think the ending should have incorporated more of this:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think the ending should have incorporated more of this:

not really inline with the vibe, but certainly would have been interesting.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meek's Cutoff. Really excellent film. Michelle Williams is so lovely :inlove:

Last edited:

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
started watching all the game of thrones again to get in the mood for season 3.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Watched Sinister, maybe I just don't like new horror movies but I found it pretty formulaic and lame.

Also saw Bad Boy Bubby, awesome movie.

Patrick Booth, what should I watch next?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Still though...for new horror, I'm loving V/H/S, friggin badass.

Can't wait until I get to it in my Netflix queue.

Started "Gummo" last night. I'm really digging it. Probably going to finish it tonight.

Any other contemporary portrayals of redneck-ism (specifically wasted redneck youth) I should watch?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads