• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

VicEnriq

Reaction score
Funny how Michelle Williams has gotten more attractive as she's gotten older, whereas Kirsten Dunst has gotten more goblin-like.

QFT!

I just watched Argo yesterday (it took a while for local cinemas to premiere it). While I enjoyed it, must say I was surprised by the end that it won best picture. This was supposed to be a strong year for cinema!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Funny how Michelle Williams has gotten more attractive as she's gotten older, whereas Kirsten Dunst has gotten more goblin-like.

Fact!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
note to self - do not watch sinister. thanks mr. martini.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Watched 2 movies last night.

1st was Sinister. Holy cow if you never want to sleep again i recommend you watch it. First movie in a long long time that made me yell. 

2nd was dredd. How some of you liked it is beyond me. It seemed really cheaply made. Mostly because it was in the future and had modern day vehicles in it. It was also really predictable. 

Going to watch sinister tonight I've heard good things about it.

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FINALLY watched Skyfall last night. Gotta say, i was pretty pleased with it. JB is just a fuckin great actor.
Agreed. It's the highest grossing bond film for a reason and recently surpassed $1bn world wide.

ballmouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Double Indemnity
Gilda
High Noon
Stalag 17
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Manchurian Candidate

Loved Double Indemnity and Gilda. I didn't care too much for the rest, and I didn't like The Manchurian Candidate at all. Perhaps I need to give them all a second chance?

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Finally got around to watching Gran Torino, and I wasn't blown away. It was decent, but a bit of a letdown after all of the fawning over it when it came out.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Double Indemnity
Gilda
High Noon
Stalag 17
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Manchurian Candidate

Loved Double Indemnity and Gilda. I didn't care too much for the rest, and I didn't like The Manchurian Candidate at all. Perhaps I need to give them all a second chance?

No love for To Kill a Movkingbird? That's one of favourite films.

Mr Martini

Reaction score
note to self - do not watch sinister. thanks mr. martini.
Haha, it might not be bad with the lights on. However watching it in pitch black on my projector with the surround turned way up was just insane. The demon kind of reminded me of the child catcher in chitty chitty bang bang, which always terrified me as a kid. so that could be an underlying reason why it was so horrifying to me.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Finally got around to watching Gran Torino, and I wasn't blown away. It was decent, but a bit of a letdown after all of the fawning over it when it came out.

i quite liked it. so many his movies have such sad endings though. :(

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Haha, it might not be bad with the lights on. However watching it in pitch black on my projector with the surround turned way up was just insane. The demon kind of reminded me of the child catcher in chitty chitty bang bang, which always terrified me as a kid. so that could be an underlying reason why it was so horrifying to me.

i dont do well with scary movies to begin with. sounds like this is rough even for scary movie frans. do not want lol.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
just watched heat again on tv.

what a ******* great movie. never gets old.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i quite liked it. so many his movies have such sad endings though. :(

I liked it, but I thought it was too predictable to be as great as everyone said it was. The fundamental story wasn't particularly new, and this telling didn't provide any especially unique new elements. It was sort of a good retelling of a story we've all heard before. I guess, given all the acclaim, I expected more novelty. I also thought it could have been more dense - either more story or less runtime.

I will say that the ending was a decent twist. About halfway through, I (jokingly) told MrsG I would be completely impressed if Walt went on a rampage and killed all the gangbangers. I thought the way it ended was a pretty cool take on that.

Last edited:

Mr Martini

Reaction score

That movie was amazing!
i dont do well with scary movies to begin with. sounds like this is rough even for scary movie frans. do not want lol.
Ill admit that i love horror movies, and that one made me feel like a baby back *****.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I liked it, but I thought it was too predictable to be as great as everyone said it was. The fundamental story wasn't particularly new, and this telling didn't provide any especially unique new elements. It was sort of a good retelling of a story we've all heard before. I guess, given all the acclaim, I expected more novelty. I also thought it could have been more dense - either more story or less runtime.
I will say that the ending was a decent twist. About halfway through, I (jokingly) told MrsG I would be completely impressed if Walt went on a rampage and killed all the gangbangers. I thought the way it ended was a pretty cool take on that.

i guess the fact i didnt really have much in the way of expectations made it better for me. also, what you said in the spolier, that was what made it really good for me. sad as f*ck, but a great ending. i also thought it was a fairly touching story.

Ill admit that i love horror movies, and that one made me feel like a baby back *****. 

:laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads