1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

The Act of Killing, on Netflix instant. My god what did I just watch? Amazing and disturbing to the core.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I could not take it! The people working there were just morons. I know it is a movie...but come on.....

3. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

I saw the following(among others) on my flight to/fro Bangkok about a week ago:

Rush-Pretty good. I didn't think I would even be into this...but it was a good flick.

Runner Runner-Eh. Nothing special at all. Just something to watch. However..Gemma Arterton is a good looking chick!

Prisoners-This was not bad.....a little long! Make that...LONG. But watchable....

Diana-Not as bad as some of the reviews that i saw. Life of Diana and a few of her relationships after her breakup with Chuck.

Jobs-Not bad at all. I mean..everyone pretty much knows the Apple story...but I liked it.

2 Guns-Marky Mark and Denzel make a good team. And Paula Patton is a sexy bitch! Movie was ok.

4. audiophilia

audiophilia Senior member

The Act of Killing 9/10

Unique, brilliant documentary. It's difficult to believe what transpires. Unforgettable.

American Hustle 7/10

Dislike Bale. He's wonderful. Amy Adams is brilliant. Others are good. 70s lifestyle is done really well.

The Wolf of Wall Street 7/10

Done better in Boiler Room and Wall Street as drama, but a good, very black comedy. One too many inspirational talk scenes, but entertaining nonetheless.

Blue Jasmine 8/10

A good, very well written film made better by a superb performance by Cate Blanchett.

Rush 7/10

Well filmed, and manages to keep the civilian yawn out of Formula One (I'm a fan, though). Good acting, good cars.

Lone Survivor 6/10

Based on the true story but with a Hollywood ending. For what it's trying to achieve, well done.

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

That was also available on my flight and I passed on it. I opted to watch a "Luther" marathon...

6. Cleav

Cleav Senior member Moderator

Family crisis, so third (!) movie today

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  7. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Review?

8. Cleav

Got 30 mins to go. I feel so bad for this guy

"The art of the possible, I can't remember, the serious man!"

Great tits though.

9. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

i never finished that. :hide:

so bad.

i really liked that a lot. great movie imo.

10. lefty

lefty Senior member

^ You missed one of the greatest endings of all time.

lefty

11. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

12. Cleav

Through this crisis watching big Leb and his shite Russian

13. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Truth. Great ending.

14. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I had such low expectations for Captain Phillips--I really thought it was going to be an adequately done thriller taking advantage of what happened. It was really quite good. Very well done.

1 person likes this.
  15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

So, for whatever reason, I had never seen all of "Fast & Furious" despite having started it no fewer than a dozen times. I'm even more pleased to note that I have seen all of "The Fast & The Furious" franchise and can say, without any doubt, it is the crowning accomplishment of last 500 years of Western culture.

16. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

I'm a huge Woody fan but I found Blue Jasmine to be lacking. It felt like Woody trying to make a Woody movie, if that makes sense. I also couldn't unsee Gyp Rosetti.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  17. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

It's based on a true story. Not 100% true but all of the most ridiculous parts did happen.

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

True story: Btch was serving time in Wyoming for horse thievery when he came up for early release. The Governor met with Butch and said that if Butch would go straight, he could go free. Butch said that he couldn't promise that, but offered the Governor a compromise. If he was released Butch promised he would never break the law in Wyoming again. The governor signed the release.

William Goldman said that as much as loved that story he just couldn't figure out a way to use it in the script.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  19. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

Blue Jasmine is his strongest film since Bullets Over Broadway.

20. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

That is not saying a lot but maybe I'm being clouded by really disliking Cate Blanchett. I think Midnight in Paris was a better movie than Blue Jasmine and I enjoyed Sweet and Lowdown more than Blue Jasmine. I dunno, I really don't like Cate Blanchett.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014