1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by edinatlanta, Nov 29, 2010.

1. seeldoger47

seeldoger47 Senior member

If you notice the time stamp, my edit was published at exactly the same time you published your response. Given the amount of images included and the fact that I was posting them here and on Superfuture - one can logically deduce I decided to edit my original post before I saw your response.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Hey seel, you're a tool.

1 person likes this.
  3. Mr Melanzane

Mr Melanzane Senior member

Watched the first six of Kieslowski's Decologue . I originally saw the extended film-length versions of no. 5 (A short film About Killing) and no.6 (A Short Film About Love) in the cinema but the shorter 60 minute version loses little. I found the it has lost none of its ability to disturb: the shocking reality of the brutality of state execution. There was no Hollywoodisation of someone being hanged in 1980s Poland. The cinematography amplifies the claustrophobia. The other episodes are all wonderful too. Such concision and amazing imagery.

1 person likes this.
  4. YOLO EMSHI

YOLO EMSHI Senior member

5. OliverGauffe

OliverGauffe Senior member

Don't know if this has already been discussed, but I just watched Bad Grandpa the other night... very strange flic... it's really awkward at times yet super funny... it's a total Johnny Knoxville ego trip, but I have to admit, he had some good ideas, and they way it was done was pretty entertaining, and in the end, actually endearing. I feel like comedies are getting more and more unconventional, and this is one example.

6. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I loved Ba Grandpa. I'm a fan of films like Borat, Dictator, etc, plus Farelli bros stuff.

7. javyn

javyn Senior member

Road House again. But, I just met and got Marshall Teague's autograph on a picture of him as Jimmy fighting Swayze at a Con here in Galveston, so I was inspired to re-watch.

Didn't notice Patricia Tallman had a cameo on Road House either (DROOL). Also, I got her autograph at the Con too, was a bit star struck to meet Barbara from the 1990 remake of Night of the Living Dead :)

edit: Kinda funny....as big a GoT fan I am, I was completely uninterested in meeting any of the cast there except for Hodor, with whom I had a picture taken.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
    2 people like this.
  8. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

Rewatched this yesterday evening:

[​IMG]

Anthony Hopkins' and Emma Thompson's scenes are beautiful to watch. For a film that has such few events in it, I still find it quite captivating. In some ways I also admire the professionalism of the Mr. Stevens character greatly.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. otc

otc Senior member

Wolf of wall street was great.

For those who have read the book... How true is the boat scene?

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

It's probably been posted here before, and I've watched this movie more than once over the years, but highly recommend Hustle and Flow: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410097/

Great tale of redemption.

1 person likes this.
  11. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Senior member

I don't remember it being like that at all really. But its honestly tough to remember there is so many ridiculous moments in both the book and movie. The movie fused like 4 characters into johnna hills role. I honestly dont remember him being on the boat during the boat scene.

The last 1/3 of the movie is drastically different then the book and it felt too rushed imo.

12. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

Thanks, that's the one. Ended up being pretty boring.

Saw Lone Survivor. Was pretty good, but was exactly how one review I read put it: Passion of the Christ for service members. Was also nice knowing and understanding the villagers/Talibs' speak.

13. Cleav

Cleav Senior member

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Started watching Elysium and had to turn it off. Just horrible.

15. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Watched Captain Phillips last night. Far better than I expected. Very well done.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Damon is getting preachier and preachier. He needs to do another Borne movie.

1 person likes this.
  17. Cleav

Cleav Senior member

Two movie day, quite different from Butch and Sundance

[​IMG]

18. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Little Indie pic called "Compliance", anyone seen it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

19. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

The one with the chick at the fast food place and the guy who calls the store?

20. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

Yeah, that one, strange little movie but I liked I t.