• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Movies Are You Watching Lately

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

have you watched the BBC Black Mirror Series?
Its three separate/different movies that revolve around a common theme. Each movie is around only an hour each and totally riveting. The best part is how each movie really mind-***** you especially if you watch it with someone else - it'll provide conversation fodder for hours for each one.

Ill give that a look...I like british tv I just finished getting through skins last week. I originally watched seasons 1-3 back when I was in college then I watched 1-2 again this summer. Got side tracked this fall and started from season 3 in november.

I know its kind of mindless tv but i found it interesting up through season 4. Season 5 and 6 was a waste specifically season 6.

Little embarrassed I watched it but w/e :embar:

sad part is i have like 20 movies in my queue on xfinifty but i fear they will all be lame like the last weeks.

I attempted to watch:
cold souls
another earth
paprika ( finished this but it was not satisfying )
Anonymous

Maybe 1 or 2 more I took of my queue

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just sat through 3 hours of Cloud Atlas. What a horrid, sprawling mess of a movie. I have to hope that the book was better, because this was absolutely yawn inspiring.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yea I was kind of upset when I saw cloud atlas in theaters...could have been a much better movie. I also want to read the book Im in the middle of american psycho now though.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Im in a rut movie wise...nothing I watched in the last week was any good and I probably attempted to watch 5-6 things. Everything was meh and I only got through 1 of them.

What was the last thing you watched that you enjoyed?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Celeste and Jesse Forever. What I took away from that movie is that I cannot take Andy Samberg seriously.

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What was the last thing you watched that you enjoyed?

Looper, so I wound up watching it again last night.

I guess I need a long series to start. Ive already watched most of HBO and I dont really want to rewatch the wire sopranos because I did that as recently as within the last 14 months.

I feel like ive seen most of the good independent films that I would like, and Ive seen all other movies in my favorite genres.

I safe bet may be rewatching lost if its on hulu I may do that.

But just like i said, im in a rut and nothing seems really appealing.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I guess I need a long series to start. Ive already watched most of HBO and I dont really want to rewatch the wire sopranos because I did that as recently as within the last 14 months.
I feel like ive seen most of the good independent films that I would like, and Ive seen all other movies in my favorite genres.

There are plenty of other good series. Have you watched them all?

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are plenty of other good series. Have you watched them all?

Boardwalk
The Wire
Sopranos
Entourage
True Blood

I could maybe do Mad Men Ive only seen bits and pieces from different seasons never a full season

Rubicon unfortunately was only one season

I think there is maybe one more on HBO worth watching, deadwood i think? I havent looked in awhile though.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Game of Thrones? :D

Deadwood is indeed an HBO series. Watched a few episodes, but never got seriously into it.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just watch a specific episode like: The Constant. thats enough to satiate any lost fan ... Lost didn't age well... especially after season 4.

try out the Black Mirror Series... its very digestible... I'm a HUUUUGE indie/high quality cable serial series snob and my friend kept on saying to watch it and it was totally worth it. The first of three parts is like a movie in quality but actually has that clean well edited BBC way along with such provocative themes.... the next two are just as fun.

what about older movies from the last decade? have you seen Once yet?

its the last super exciting indie movie I've seen because it bends the genre of what a musical is in a way that hasn't been done before.... (lets just say the the Le Mis movie owes a lot to the movie in theory/implementation).

what about David Cronenberg movies from the last decade? that **** is ******* mesmerizing especially The History of Violence and Eastern Promises....

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

OmniscientCause

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Deadwood is indeed an HBO series. Watched a few episodes, but never got seriously into it.

Forgot about GOT.

Yes Ive seen this too.

just watch a specific episode like: The Constant. thats enough to satiate any lost fan ... Lost didn't age well... especially after season 4.
try out the Black Mirror Series... its very digestible... I'm a HUUUUGE indie/high quality cable serial series snob and my friend kept on saying to watch it and it was totally worth it. The first of three parts is like a movie in quality but actually has that clean well edited BBC way along with such provocative themes.... the next two are just as fun.
what about older movies from the last decade? have you seen Once yet?

its the last super exciting indie movie I've seen because it bends the genre of what a musical is in a way that hasn't been done before.... (lets just say the the Le Mis movie owes a lot to the movie in theory/implementation).
what about David Cronenberg movies from the last decade? that **** is ******* mesmerizing especially The History of Violence and Eastern Promises....

Have not seen once, will look into this.

Have both HoV and EP on my computer

Check out Source Code and Moon. Also Primer.

Have seen all 3 of those...but thank you for suggestions.

legorogel

Reaction score
Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Walking dead
Dead Set

i think harvey would love dead set.

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Arrested Development
Battlestar Galactica
Walking dead
Dead Set
i think harvey would love dead set.

The BBC series about Zombies invading Big Brother? Saw it and loved it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads